07 2.0 Radiator Fan on its last legs ~ only 1 year - happytorque
My C5 2.0 16V petrol Auto has finally got its first proper fault. The motor that drives the cooling fan that sits in front of the radiator has started making some nasty noises. Where once it just made a quiet hum, its now prducing a load of droning / groaning noises. If you try to spin the fan with your finger it will move but it feels stiff and stops as soon as you take your finger off (it wont spin freely). Theres a bit of a sqeak too and the fan seems a bot wobbly on its shaft. It has about 10mm wobble at the blade tips. All this at just over 1 year old and 13,500 miles. I assume this will be a case of "off with the old and on with the new?
07 2.0 Radiator Fan on its last legs ~ only 1 year - qxman {p}
It sounds as if the bearing has worn out. I can't think that the bearing would be replaced. They will just scrap it and fit a new unit.
07 2.0 Radiator Fan on its last legs ~ only 1 year - MW
Surely this is within the three year guarentee and a job for Citroen to pay for.
Best get it done, or overheating will damage the head gasket at 3 years 1 week!

Edited by MW on 06/05/2008 at 11:06

07 2.0 Radiator Fan on its last legs ~ only 1 year - happytorque
Getting it done next Tuesday and unbelievably there was some debate about who was to pay! The car has only done 13K and they were going to charge me £217 + labour to fix it. I pointed out that as the car was only a year old it should be a warranty job. This was met with, "I'll have to go and check". They then confirmed that as the car had indeed only done 13K, Citroen would pay. How nice of them. I wonder at what point a 'cooling fan+electric motor' is regarded as a consumable and the customer is expected to pay?!