99 1.6 8v juddering - chilli
Hi, I have been running the car for a couple of weeks and recently it has startted to judder when I am coasting in gear, approaching lights etc, it runs ok at speed but when i take my foot off the accelerator it will judder and the orange light comes on. i have changed the air idle control valve and replaced the plugs......can you help please.
99 1.6 8v juddering - Screwloose
chilli

If the engine management light is coming on, getting the fault-codes read by your local garage would be a good place to start.

It's quite uncommon for an engine to misfire on the overrun.
How much would I expect to pay to have the codes read?
99 1.6 8v juddering - Screwloose

Depends where you are, but £30-50 is typical.
I will give it a go tomorrow, thanks for the advice.
99 1.6 8v juddering - Dynamic Dave
Just wondering if a 1999 Astra is too 'new' to perform the paperclip trick and DIY flash out the fault code(s)?

www.topbuzz.co.uk/info/fault_codes/fault_codes.htm

99 1.6 8v juddering - topbloke
yes it is, most likely to be an egr fault but a code to work from would be a great help
Hi people,

Took the car to hawk tune and he said the fault was the EGR, I have bought and fitted the blanking gasket in the EGR which appears to have sorted the problem ,Total cost £25.00

Cheers Chilli

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 01/05/2008 at 22:16

99 1.6 8v juddering - topbloke
there is a software update to tell the ecu that it no longer has an egr valve available at the dealer (at your cost), unless its an auto in which case you are not supposed to blank off, you have to replace the egr valve

Edited by topbloke on 02/05/2008 at 08:30