2000 2.0 Vibration through floor when accelerating - homebrew
Hi, Can anyone please help!
I have a Vibration through the floor when accelerating but not otherwise, the vibration is the same as a car with a vibrating prop-shaft, only my car is front wheel drive. Does anyone have any clues?
2000 2.0 Vibration through floor when accelerating - Screwloose

110 or 90 hp?
2000 2.0 Vibration through floor when accelerating - Lud
Something touching something it shouldn't. Under acceleration torque will make the power pack move. I would suspect a collapsing rubber engine bearer or stabiliser bush, perhaps making the exhaust or something touch the floor or bulkhead. Excessive movement of power pack, almost certainly... but I think 'excessive' can be quite small...
Lud

Actually I think the vibration is more through the pedals than the floor, the whole car vibrates.
Screwloose

This is a 110BHP

A RHZ 110hp engine has a dual-mass flywheel - unlike a RHY 90 one.

If this is an engine speed, car-shaking, vibration; get an expert to check the flywheel ASAP - particularly if there is a squeak as the engine stops.

If it's a road-speed related one; then a driveshaft is indeed favourite - or a lumpy tyre.
Screwloose

This is not road speed related, seems more related to the engine revs. Does same amount of vibration at all speeds and does come and go at times.
homebrew

Then it needs urgent assessment; hopefully just a broken engine mount, but, if it's a DMF on it's way, then that can shear the engine clean off the gearbox without further warning.
screwloose.

You was right it was abroken engine mount, which I fixed, took nine hours.