New radio aerial antenna required - Billy Whizz
I am fed up with the wing mounted electric telescopic aerial I've got on my 1994 G-wagon. The motor has failed again due to the telescopic bit getting bunged up with crud. This is the 3rd time I have needed a new aerial in 11 years.

So I am looking for a better design, either
[Type 1] a fixed full length bendy fiberglass-type one which I can unscrew for the monthly wash or, even better,
[Type 2] an internal glass mounted one e.g. Blaupunkt Autofun

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? Do they provide a good signal?

I have been looking through the Blaupunkt catalogue and I have found a [type 1]Autoflex: a "Helical whip with alternating wiring direction for good FM reception". This is labelled as "12V active". The circuit diagram indicates that it simply requires a 12V feed which is fine as the current electric one receives 12V whenever the head unit is switched on. Would this aerial be compatible with my old head unit?

The [type 2] Autofun has an AP 1 DIN plug. Does this need an adaptor to connect to my head unit which has an old fashioned antenna socket?

The radio head unit is the original factory Mercedes Benz 'Special' Becker AM/ FM radio/ cassette which is fairly descent set. The car is a W463. I am in Estonia so cannot just pop down to Halfords unfortunately.
New radio aerial antenna required - alfalfa
I had a Blaupunkt Autoflex on a Golf II. I think the 12v feed is to amplify the signal and as far as I know it is compatible with any/most head sets. I used mine with three different units.

alfalfa
New radio aerial antenna required - doctorchris
Years ago I had a 1993 Ford Maverick and the electric aerial eventually failed due to a build up of dirt, despite regular cleaning and lubrication.
I fitted an internal screen-mounted aerial with an integral signal amplifier but it was never very satisfactory and I often lost the radio signal.
I suspect that a replacement external aerial will perform better.
As regards the other electronic queries, can't help you there.