Computer display - LinuxGeek
My dad had an accident so he's received a courtesy car today which is Cold CZ1 08 plate. The car shows km rather than miles in the computer display screen which I'm finding really annoying. Don't have the manual so would like to know how could I change the reading from km to miles please?
Computer display - De Smythe
To adjust from km to mile you need to use the buttons either side of the green multifunction display on top of the dash. Press the top right hand button and then straight away press the "M" button; you will then hear a bleep. Then press either the "M" or "H" button to switch between kms or miles as required. Then press the "Set" button. It may prompt you to select 12 or 24 hour clock format as well so likewise switch between the preferred format using the "H" or "M" buttons, then press the "Set" button again. This also changes the odometer in the speedo to read the same km or miles. It's a performance which ever way you look at it....
Computer display - LinuxGeek
Hi De Smythe - Tried it yesterday and you were spot on! Thanks a lot for helping me here, now at least I've better idea of how good or bad bad I'm driving :-)
Computer display - Tonycq
Hi De Smythe
wonder if you can help, it's probably me being stupid but I have an 08 CZC2 and can't set the computer to keep an average MPG, if I leave the car overnight it resets and starts measuring again instead of keeping the average.
Thanks in advance
Computer display - Bill Payer
I leave the car overnight it resets and starts measuring again

We have a Colt and the only options are journey average or instantaneous MPG.

It's a similar idea to the Mercedes system which is probably no coincidence as the Colt shares many components with Smart Forfour, and Mercedes own Smart. The Merc one resets after a 4 hour stop.

However on the Mercedes there's a second level of computer which keeps track until manually reset, but no such facility exists on Colt.
Computer display - carl_a
>>However on the Mercedes there's a second level of computer which keeps track until manually reset, but no such facility exists on Colt.

The facility is there in the Colt Bill Payer, I've used it myself on a few tanks, Its a pain to get into mind! Its explained in the manual
The facility is there in the Colt Bill Payer I've used it myself on a
few tanks Its a pain to get into mind! Its explained in the manual

Hmm...the cars not here at the moment so I can't check. I've got a feeling it *looks* as though it'll do a continuous MPG but it doesn't work in practice - struggling to remember the details now.
Computer display - Tonycq
Hi Bill Payer,
I thought exactly the same as you that it could be done but so far no luck
OK, so I have the book in front of me.

It suggests, on Page 3-21 onwards, that the display can be changed from automatic reset to manual reset.
Press and hold top right button then press bottom right button within 1 second. A buzzer will sound and the reset mode has changed.
The reset mode is indicated by a number next to the temp - 1 for auto, 2 for manual.

Auto mode resets the MPG after 4 hours (like the Merc system).
Manual allows the display to be reset at any time.

I haven't tried this since we first got the car (a year ago) but I do remember that it doesn't work in quite the way you would expect. Perhaps it resets back to auto when switched off or maybe it still only does the journey average, but manual allows you to reset mid-journey, whereas auto doesn't??

Anyway, give it a try and let us know.

I know my daughter, whose car it is, like the auto reset as she tried to beat the figure for each journey to work. However as I don't repeatedly do the same journey I prefer to do full tank to full tank figures.