01 2.2i Engine antipollution fault - eisbear
Hi!
I have this 70k miles car for just 2 months and have done over 2k miles. During travel to Germany appears "Engine antipollution system defective". For few days that was no problem and appears again. Engine begins rattling and is weak or accelerator working in binary system(0 or 1), whats making driving very difficult. Do petrol engines have this same expensive antipollution system, like diesels??

Year ?

Edited by Pugugly on 15/04/2008 at 22:21

Y 2.2i Engine antipollution fault - Screwloose
eb

That's just a generic warning that there's an engine management fault. Nothing to do with FAPs.

Get the fault-codes read to find out the exact cause.
Y 2.2i Engine antipollution fault - eisbear
How I can get the code, do I have go to garage or I see some offer for software and leads for laptop?(year 2001, Y reg.) I'm desperatly looking for problem solution, because weekly car doing at least 400 miles!
Thanks for reading about my problem!

Most garages have a proper code-reader; the e-bay sort won't read the codes you need to find.
Thx!
I will try tomorrow find any proper garage.
Regards!
I have two codes: P0502 and P0351. Do after replace have I reset those codes or it will done automaticly?
Regards!
eb

Odd that you only have basic EOBD codes and not more accurate manufacturer-specific P1... codes?

P0351 is an ignition coil circuit code and P0502 is a vehicle speed sensor circuit one.

The ignition code would probably be the cause of loss-of-power; the VSS signal feeds the speedo etc.

After fixing the cause of the codes [note they do not necessarily mean faulty components] then the codes should be cleared and then re-read to make sure that the repair was successful.
OK! Everything done, thanx for help! My car is back in action!
Regards!
Eis