01 1.6 Flooding at engine start - wbd
For Astra G 1.6 16v 2001 petrol 119K should the engine management system circumvent 'flooding' when starting the engine. I found that it did not, I don't why the engine did not start immediately as normal, but once it flooded it would not start, not a even a cough.
In the end I removed the plugs dried and cleaned them and then, with a lot of coughing and spluttering is started and itd been fine since as it was previously.

Only thing was a very small movement on the previous day, engine ran for 2/3 minutes to shutdown, may have set a marginal fuel state??

is this procedure the only way to get over 'flooding' situation??

brian
01 1.6 Flooding at engine start - Screwloose
Brian

Quite a common situation when an engine has only run for a short time. ["Wash the car syndrome."] The plugs are left sooty and then get wet with fuel at the next start.

Pressing the accelerator to the floor BEFORE turning on the ignition will enter "clear flood" mode on many systems - the sparks work, but the injectors don't, until you lift your foot.

Edited by Screwloose on 14/04/2008 at 18:28

01 1.6 Flooding at engine start - Railroad.
Not all systems have Clear Flood Mode. It is common on Multec single point on Vauxhall's, ie. those with an 'NZ' in the engine prefix. Flooding is a very common problem though as you say.......