What's the best drill bits for diy car jobs ? - steveo3002
i need to purchase a new set of drill bits , for general jobs on cars and such..probably the odd stud removal etc . what brand /type cuts the best and stays sharp well

id also like a set of reverse drill bits...any idea where id find those

Edited by Pugugly on 13/04/2008 at 18:12

What's the best drill bits for diy car jobs ? - corblimeyguvnar
Screwfix?

CBG
What's the best drill bits for diy car jobs ? - Harleyman
You could always try Machine Mart, or perhaps Halfords; the latter's range of tools seems to be of good quality these days.

As with anything else you get what you pay for; personally I'd avoid those cheapo kits which always seem to contain a load of stuff which you never use, and go for a good quality set of cobalt-tipped HSS drills.
What's the best drill bits for diy car jobs ? - FotheringtonThomas
Buy good quality high speed steel bits from a tool shop. Don't bother with sets of which you will use 4 out of 20. Keep them sharp using a small grinding wheel (mounted as far as possible away from wherever clean components will be fiddled with - the dust is abrasive). Don't bother with bits with fancy coatings - they're no better.
What's the best drill bits for diy car jobs ? - craneboy
what brand /type cuts the best and
stays sharp well

Always found Dormer to be long lasting.
What's the best drill bits for diy car jobs ? - tr7v8
I find Cobalt ones ideal for car & workshop use. I use HSS ones for drilling ally & wood. I also use a drill sharpener to keep a good edge on them. I was trained to freehand sharpen drills but have a jig unit driven by a power drill for the chipped & broken ones.