2001 2.0 lock problems - steen
Lock problems - my rigth backdor have problems - sometimes it locks - most of the time NO - on that cause I belive that the solonoide is ok - when its function some times.
It dosent matter if I use the key - still the same.

What can it be - I have removed the inside covering - and se all the cables - but I dont have a wiring diagram - it looks like a birds nest - Please do anyon have a proposal

Thanks Steen

Edited by Webmaster on 12/04/2008 at 20:40

2001 2.0 lock problems - Saltrampen
If the door solenoid makes a noise or a click when blipped or key in drivers door, then it is probably OK, otherwise maybe wiring or jammed solenoid.
First of all will it lock manually (ie not with central locking) ? If not, it is probably a problem with the lock mechanism or latch.
Irratic functioning normally points to dampness or loose/corroded wiring / mechanism or both. Going at it with WD40 or similar spray sometimes will help for a little while.
If it is a mass of wires, look for rust or dampness. Check the connectors for corrosion.
Also check the fuse box to make sure all fuses (and relays) are in tightly.
If something has jammed or broken or a wire is broken, then it will have to be removed from door and replaced. You will then either need a haynes manual or have to get an auto electrician or garage to fix it. Hopefully it is just dampness / corrosion so cleaning it up and spraying with WD40 then silicone grease may do the trick.

2001 2.0 lock problems - steen
Hi Saltrampen - thanks for the reply - I tryed with the WD 40 different spots - and it was working for 3 days HURRA - and thenit was stalling again - more WD 40 again - but its difficult to reach the vital parts - so its more like a blind mans work - when I wrote that the wiring looks like a birds nest I was exaggerate a bit - it looks nice and clean like a baby bum - but you gave me lots of ideas - so thanks I try again. steen