2004 1.7 cdti Brake constantly squealing - krebb industries
Something is amiss with the rear nearside brake on my car.

Afer three miles or so, when "something" has got hot and expanded, there is a constant high pitched squeal from this one wheel. Applying the brakes makes it stop - if they were worn i'd expect the opposite !

Its done 40000 miles, and I've never had to replace brakes at his mileage before.

There are discs all round, and looking at the outer surfaces there are no gouge marks. The handbrake seems to operate as it should - no change in behaviour.
MPG doesn't seem to be suffering, and the car doesn't pull when braking.

After a 10 mile run on the motorway last night, the wheel and brake disc were very hot, and the others were cold.

There is friction somewhere. A sticking caliper ? Handbrake not releasing properly ? Does this model have a separate drum brake for the handbrake, or is the existing pad and disc used ?

Local fast fit place will do work, but I'd like a second opinion beforehand !

Thank you
2004 1.7 cdti Brake constantly squealing - Dynamic Dave
Does this model have a separate drum brake for the handbrake or is the existing pad and disc used ?

99% sure the handbrake uses the same pads as the footbrake. *could* well be a sticky caliper. Only way to know for sure is to take the wheel off and investigate.