2.0TDCI filter change at 32k miles, is this right? - jcoxy
Hi,
im trying to find out exactly what needs changing at 32k miles on my 2.0 diesel zetec climate tdci, is it a diesel filter? i have tried ringing my local ford garage but they aren't being helpful, they just want me to book it in, but i want to try and find somewhere cheaper to have it done, ford have quoted £276.00.

Any information would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Edited by Pugugly on 08/04/2008 at 15:44

Diesel filter change at 32k miles, is this right? - Armitage Shanks {p}
What does the handbook say needs to be done? 32K is an odd servicing interval - they are normally multiples of 6, 10, or 12K miles. Why not go to the garage and speak to the Service Manager face to face or are they a bit too far away? I wouldn't be to book a car in for a service whose details are not laid down.
Diesel filter change at 32k miles, is this right? - jcoxy
Ive left my service book in the car, will go and get it at lunchtime, but ive just rang another ford garage and they have never heard of a diesel filter change at 32k, said all filters should be changed at service. Sounds like my local ford dealer is trying to rip me off!
Diesel filter change at 32k miles, is this right? - Old Navy
On my Focus 2.0 TDCI the fuel filter should be changed at the third service, three years or 37,500 miles, whichever comes first.

Edited by Old Navy on 08/04/2008 at 11:47

Diesel filter change at 32k miles, is this right? - Carse
I concur with old navy, use this web site which tells you exactly what will be checked and changed at service intervals.

Sounds like your original dealer is spot on and the second dealer does not know what they are talking about.

www.etis.ford.com/fordservice/serviceScheduleView....o

Carse

Edited by Carse on 08/04/2008 at 12:02

Diesel filter change at 32k miles, is this right? - Armitage Shanks {p}
Unless I have misunderstood something, the dealer who says you are due a filter change at 32K is wrong, unless the car is being serviced because it is 3 years old. Services are usually done on a time or a mileage, which ever comes first.
thanks everyone for your help, my car only just had its 2nd service in January and i believe next service is due either at 25,000 or 12 months, whichever is sooner.

Thanks for the link to the website, am i being thick here or does 2.0L DURATORQ -TDCI relate to my Zetec Climate?
Diesel filter change at 32k miles, is this right? - Graemetdci
I'm not entirely sure exactly what you are asking.

Are you referring to the diesel fuel filter or does this car have a DPF (diesel particulate filter)?

On all of the modern Fords, the service intervals are either annually or at 12500 mile intervals, whichever comes first. They also run on a minor, minor, major service sequence with additional work carried out on each third service, hence the additional cost.

You state that your car had its second service in January (presumably this year) in which case, unless you have already covered 12500 miles since, it is not due its next service until January next year or 12500 miles from the mileage at that second service, whichever comes first.

Unless the maintanance schedule has changed, the diesels should have the diesel fuel filter changed at the third service (be that at 3 years or at 37500 miles, whichever is reached first) and every third service afterwards ie sixth, ninth etc.

So 32000miles seems an odd mileage, unless based on age. What is your current mileage and what was your mileage at the last service.

With respect to your last enquiry, the 2.0l Duratorq-TDCi relates to the type of engine ie the 2.0l common rail diesel engine co-developed with Peugeot-Citroen while the Zetec Climate relates to the trim and spec of the car ie the sportier zetec spec with aircon, heated windscreen etc indicated by the 'Climate'.

Hope this helps.
Hi,

How do i know if my car has a DPF?

My car was serviced end of Jan '08 and the mileage was approx 26k, its now 31.5k.

I think the garage was just trying to make more money out of me because at the time of the service they rang and said why not have your diesel filter changed and i asked when it should be changed and they said 32k miles and i said no way as i wasnt near 32k yet, plus the extra £276 on top of the service charge was a bit too much to stomach.

So are you saying that these filter changes should be included as part of the service cost and not an extra charge on top of the service charge?

sorry if i am asking daft questions!