03 2.0 (135)fuel lift pump - raybee
MG ZTT 135 2.0litre diesel 2003 bought in January2004. At 3weeks old cut out after 250 mile journey at approx 60 mph very frightening for lady concerned! Only the start of the problem though. Sat in main dealers awaiting repair for 2 weeks returned to us with no explanation other than a fuel problem done under warranty. Six months later cut out again whilst in the outside lane of the M6 doing 70 mph having already done a journey of 140 miles half an hour later it righted itself and started.Very frightening again for lady driving it ! Ran for three more days perfectly, enabling us to journey into France,Where the same thing happened, all power lost at speed. Transported to main dealer near Caen Waited 2 hours for someone to look at it by which time it started no trouble and we continued on our way,yet again!By this time beginning to loose all faith in the car but felt unable to change it due to the Rover bankruptcy and the huge loss we could ill afford to incur.Since then we have had another loss of power at high speed in the outside lane of the M25, rescued,another episode whilst towing a caravan,middle lane of the M25,each time taken to main dealers in the local area by breakdown company and supposedly repaired either by fitting new fuel lifter pump.Had all work done last year in france again when it failed again after running perfectly for 12 months. Ran for 12 months and has now done the same thing and needs another pump we have been told.We have done 34000 miles and wonder if this really is a fuel pump problem or could it be electronic/electrical.

Edited by Pugugly on 06/04/2008 at 17:11

03 2.0 (135)fuel lift pump - Screwloose
raybee

That solid block of text is nearly incomprehensible; What happened to paragraphs?

How many fuel pumps has it had? Which feed pump was replaced - tank or intermediate?

Was the filter changed at the same time? Has there ever been black goo found in the filter and has the in-tank filter housing started to come apart?

03 2.0 (135)fuel lift pump - Rich320d
This is the BMW M47 diesel engine and it does have issues...

This website gives a useful outline of common faults and how to fix them:

www.tuning-diesels.com/75Zt/R75serv.htm

03 2.0 (135)fuel lift pump - dave882
I have a MG ZT 2.5 litre V6 and my vehicle suddenly stopped running. I was told that just before Rover MG folded they were to issue a recall for the 75 and similar for the fuel pump. The clip that is to hold the pump in place has not been attached on production and as such fuel pumps become detached.

Mine was repaired for just over £100 and there have been no problems since. The difficulty is the position of the pump in the fuel tank which makes attaching the clip awkward.
03 2.0 (135)fuel lift pump - scrapmetal
Dave - this problem only affects the petrol models, they have a different type fuel pump to the diesels.

Raybee - If the pump in the tank has failed or has been running weak, this causes the lift pump under the bonnet next to the battery to have to work harder, this causes it to eventually fail, which is a poosible problem with your car