Audi & Castrol SLX OIl - Dude - {P}
I see in the latest Audi Magazine that they are now suggesting oil change intervals (even with P.D. Diesel engines) of 30,000 miles using Castrol`s fully synthetic oil - SLX, and after initial trials have found no measurable wear on mechanicals. From personable experience with an Audi A4 2.8 V6, it burnt 1 litre of oil every 1000 miles, so over 30k the sump would be replenished several times anyway!!
Audi & Castrol SLX OIl - Ian Chandler
I read this, too. The special oil costs about £12 a litre. The idea is that engine use is monitored so that if, for example, you drive a lot on motorways the service interval is lengthened. The idea is to cut down on the cost of servicing, which is appallingly high at an Audi dealer, though the cost of the special oil is so high that this would eat into any saving. It would probably be a lot cheaper just to ignore the Audi rip-off merchants and just service your car as normal ...
Audi & Castrol SLX OIl - J Bonington Jagworth
Sounds dangerous to me. The sort of person who takes this at face value (i.e. anyone who is impressed by the claim and buys the car as a result) will probably forget about checking it altogether. I wonder how much would be left after 30k miles..?

Incidentally, a garage owner (independent) told me some time ago that he regularly had VW's in with low oil levels and blocked oilways because their owners equated reliability with not needing servicing!
Audi & Castrol SLX OIl - El Dingo
Interestingly, the new A4 I looked at recently had a litre of Castrol in the boot - presumably like a spare tyre, but engine like...

El Dingo (Martin).