Vito Sport - nick62
I've been toying with the idea of buying a van for the business that will "double-up" as a family car for the weekend if necessary, (usually use SWMBO's 306, unless push-bikes need transporting).

The Merc. Vito fits the bill as it comes in a "Dualiner" format with a second row of removable seats and rear passenger sliding doors both sides. The latest models include a "Sport" version which includes some car-like luxuries which are, I'm sure, aimed at getting people like me to consider buying one. The benefits of this are a full recovery of VAT and personal tax BIK of only £3,000 PA, so much cheaper than a company car. It will also transport the bike to the occasional track-day.

Has anyone on here gone down this route?

I currently have my car as a private vehicle and charge my business for its use, but at only £0.40 per mile, (and only £0.25 per mile after 10,000 miles), it is not as good a deal as it once was. These rates have not been reviewed for a number of years (at least five AFAIK), but the fuel cost has of course gone through the roof. It is of course possible to charge the business more than this per mile, but then Mr Darling gets his hands on some of it.

Sounds like I'm from Yorkshire, but I'm not.....honest!
Vito Sport - mark999
Not Sure about the reliability of the new Vitos but the old vito/v-class was very unreliable.
Coinsider the New VW transporter, or ever the Citroen dispatch combi
Vito Sport - Pugugly
Florist in the village has one - brand new to him last year, the body has flexed so much the windscreen has a large crack....