Sell or store - which is best? - David Horn
In May I move to Phoenix for the better part of six months, and until now my plan was to simply SORN my Accord and wrap it up warm for the summer. However, with the price of petrol nowadays, I'm wondering if it's best to sell it before I go, and get a diesel with the money when I get back.

Part of the problem is that I'm not sure how much it's worth (while finding prices isn't particularly difficult, with only 28k on the clock and 8 years old it's sorta off the bottom of the graph...), and when I get back it'll need new pads and discs all round, a new timing belt, and a fluids change.

It's a Honda Accord (2000) SE Executive, with the 2.0 engine and automatic gearbox + plus all the various trimmings. No problem about going down on the comfort level provided I still have air-con. :-)

Any advice?

Oh, and one other thing - are all the 4 year old Peugeot 307s on eBay being advertised for about £4k with 1 mile on the clock con-jobs, 'cos there's a lot of them. They appear to be in West Yorkshire, so I'm wondering if they're all flood-damaged ones and being sold on the sly.
Sell or store - which is best? - gordonbennet
Keep it David, for one thing its pre 01 so you have the cheaper tax next April, and i think it'll be worth the same as an 03 next April anyway.

First thing is to pressure wash underneath well before going to get all the salt residue out.

If you've somwhere to store it without it being moved, jack it up, remove the pads, lightly oil the discs, and put the wheels in the dark.

If it needs to be moved sometimes at least that will keep the discs/ pads clean, try and put some old wheels on it though and keep the good tyres dark.

If you have a good person get them to start it up once a month and run it for 20 minutes or so, in gear, that'll keep everything running fine (assuming it elevated), and get them to ventilate the car often, the leather will not like being left, so make sure nothing is on the seats to make them sweat.

Chances of you finding such a nice low mileage motor pre 01 when you come back are slim.

Wouldn't touch any car off that auction site, enjoy your time way.
Sell or store - which is best? - Alby Back
If you have someone you trust to respect it, I would just leave it in their care and having worked out what to do about insurance etc. just ask them to use it now and then. Anything you may lose due to increased mileage and or other costs will be relatively small as long as they don't start minicabbing in it or something !

Sell or store - which is best? - henry k
I looked after my daughters car for a year with her switching to insurance from Footman James with a max of 1500 miles per annum.
Enough mileage to warm it up for a blast once every couple of weeks.
This avoided the " cost to change", selling, hunting for a replacemt and of course you are comfortable with the devil you know especially such a low mileage.
That just leaves MoT, Tax to organise plus fuel for a friend ?