Anyone recommend a small domestic trailer. - Pugugly
For sticking behind the Roomie. Any online recommendations. I have a large one that the Landie pulls, this is just for small scale stuff. Recycling trips, domestic waste etc.
Anyone recommend a small domestic trailer. - oldnotbold
I have an Ifor Williams P5e www.iwt.co.uk/products/p5e.htm - very well made, 500Kg gross. At 1m wide and 1.5 long they are bigger than the kind of trailer at Halfords, but by no means large. Ramp is useful, and means you can see it when reversing. They hold their price well.
Anyone recommend a small domestic trailer. - Alby Back
There's a guy round here who has a trailer constructed from the back half of a Reliant Robin van. He pulls it with an intact Robin. Sort of a Reliant Robin "artic". I'll try to get a photo sometime.

Would have thought you'd get something suitable from Halfords PU ? Seem pretty cheap.
Anyone recommend a small domestic trailer. - Dobiesmon
Hi
I brought mine from Lea Towing Heaton La, Stockport, Cheshire, SK4 1AR
0161 480 2377 it is a Trelgo Trailer it has the tip up on it and later I brought the higher sides for it , I have used it for camping and trips to the tip great trailer comes in different sizes.
Do a google search for them .
Anyone recommend a small domestic trailer. - BobbyG
PU, last time I bought a trailer I scoured Ebay and also the online local ads thing and there were a load of trailers that were going dirt cheap. Mostly trailers that people hadn't used for a while and they were basically just looking for someone to rid them of it!

Something like Ebay item 250227381907 for instance?
I was thinking of something a bit less er....rustic, yes that's it rustic ! :-)
Anyone recommend a small domestic trailer. - 659FBE
I can second the Trelgo - galvanised and well enough made to do the job. Mine is a tipper which has proved to be very useful.

I had a good look at this sector of the market and there is a lot of rubbish around. I'd better not mention names, but one had fatigue cracks around the suspension mounts (don't waste your time looking at new ones, I went to the dump and had a look at several old ones as they rolled up) and the offerings from the well known high street motoring shop look similarly flimsy.

Well, I've spoilt myself, three weeks ago I placed an order with Ifor Williams - took my name and address and said it would take 21 days, they phone me back 20 days later to say it was ready and would need to be collected, friend is collecting it from the factory (saving £40.00) and a pelava of finding a local dealer. Languid laid back but effective customer service. This is effectively a hand built trailer built to order. Can't wait. (well I can really !)

Oh = checked with my Insurance, third party risks covered for an extra 54.00 its covered fully comp. Cool.

Edited by Pugugly on 19/05/2008 at 21:46

Anyone recommend a small domestic trailer. - Alby Back
Dare you to change the thread title to "Tragic Trailer Tales" ;-)
Don't make me laugh !
Anyone recommend a small domestic trailer. - FotheringtonThomas
For sticking behind the Roomie.

What's a "Roomie"? A lodger?
just for small scale stuff. Recycling trips domestic waste etc.

See your local tidy tip's policy on trailers - above a certain size, you may need a permit, which is inconvenient.
Anyone recommend a small domestic trailer. - M.M
Hmmm our domestic waste tip has a strict policy on private trailers over a certain size... but they seem "flexible" in other respects from the Friday afternoon queue of signwritten large vans unloading after the driver makes a quick visit to the site manager.... who apparently has the same pre-requisite as a fairground fortune teller.

David
Anyone recommend a small domestic trailer. - oldnotbold
Roomie = Skoda Roomster, perhaps?

Here in leafy S Oxon the trailer monitors seem OK with the Ifor Williams I refer to above. I've seen far larger get away with it, and in fact the green waste section seems almost to encourage large loads, as I think that counts towards a Govt target.....
And reduces the risk of fly-tipping which costs a fortune to clear up after the stupid pigs. (sorry one of my pet hates).

Oh yes the Roomster is known as the Roomie amongst owners (not that I've spoken to one just picked it up on the Briskoda forums.) - has a better ring to it that Beemer (my previous maker of choice) though.

Edited by Pugugly on 20/05/2008 at 20:07