06 Zetec - How to re-attach wing mirror glass? - Ravenger
My wife knocked the passenger side wing mirror on my C-Max, and the glass has popped off its mountings. It's a motorised one with a heated mirror.

It looks like the glass clips in place to me, but I can't figure out how to do it as every time I clip it the mount moves. I don't want to force it too much and break the mount or motor. Does anyone know the trick to getting it to clip on?

Edited by Ravenger on 20/03/2008 at 08:05

06 Zetec - How to re-attach wing mirror glass? - Chris M
Had to fit a drivers one to mine a few months back. I can't recall it being that difficult but I do recall it's easier to fit one side first rather than the other. Also adjust the motor so that you can squeeze your fingers behind the glass to support the mount attached to the motor.

Sorry it's not much help but, as I've already said, I didn't find it that hard.

Edited by Chris M on 20/03/2008 at 12:48

06 Zetec - How to re-attach wing mirror glass? - Ravenger
Thanks! Just managed to do it. Took a lot of mucking about but it finally clipped on.
06 Zetec - How to re-attach wing mirror glass? - Harlquinth
I've just had to help someone with replacing the mirror on their car, and I found that it helps to use hot water to soften the plastic clip (on one side of the mount that the mirror clips onto) so that it bends more easily, and then hook the mirror onto the clip first (you need to use the motor to turn the mount so that you can do this), and then use the motor to turn the mount the other way so that you can hook the mirror onto the other side. I spent a lot of time fiddling unsuccessfully with hooking the mirror onto the side without the clip first and then trying to push it on the clip, but doing it the other way round gives you a lot more leverage (it went on straight away as soon as I tried it).

Hopefully that makes sense and saves someone else some hassle!