Parking Charges - Pootle
Hi All,

My mate parked in Nottingham over the weekend, it was on-street, he got back to the car and had been ticketed by a private company, which wants £80 (doubling to £160 if not paid in a week). He's taken photos of the car, there were no signs he could see, but after getting the ticket, there was a sign across the street on a building that was set back from the road warning about the parking. Is there any recourse with these companies or is it a case of being stitched and swallowing the £80 fine?
Parking Charges - Bill Payer
Have a look here:
forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?autocom=ibwiki&cmd=ar...6
Parking Charges - rogue-trooper
aye - look at Pepipoo. You don't have to pay it as it is not legally enforceable. The concern is having a CCJ against you and that is when most people pay. Below is a link from Directgv explaining all about CCJs so there is nothing to worry about from that front, inspite of all the threats and bluster from the private parking firm.

tinyurl.com/2hrlyz

As it is, you say that it was for on street parking. If it was on the public highway, then I would drop this matter into the hands of the police and trading standards.
Parking Charges - Bill Payer
Sorry - when you say "on street" are you sure it was a public road. The sign on the building comment made me assume it was on private property.

If the penalty was by a private company lawfully acting on behalf of the city council then your mate os probably a bit stuck. (Although the signage sounds unlike for a local authority).
Parking Charges - Armitage Shanks {p}
This link will give you some background and has a further link on the site with which you can log an appeal 'On Line'

www.parking-appeals.gov.uk/IveReceived/challengePC...p