2.0 DTi - Poor starter in the morning - GeoffH
Hi i have a Vuaxhall Zafira 2.0dti comfort which ive just serviced it never had trouble starting before but now first thing in the morning it takes about 5 minutes to start ive changed the air filter, oil diesel and glow plugs which i have made no diffrence any one got any ideas. I did the glow plugs a few days after because it would not start and when put on the computer the only error was glow plug error this as since gone but sill will not start. Any help would be great.

{edited engine details into subject header - year of manufacturer pending reply to email sent}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 16/03/2008 at 17:39

Poor starter in the morning - Screwloose
Geoff

Replace the rubber leak-off hoses on the injectors; they harden and let air into the system overnight.
Poor starter in the morning - topbloke
agree with previous post but as you have not been anywhere near the leakoff pipes then unlikly to be them, but easy fix, relatively cheep to do, and would not hurt it, i would also check that the fuel filter houseing seals are sealing correctly not forgetting the seal on the bolt in the middle if definatly sounds like fuel draining back over a period of time, i assume that it starts okay for the rest of the day, its not unusual to get a glowplug general error code