Stock of Small Diesel in the North East? - bazza1603
Hi,

I am currently looking for 3 x small 5 door Diesels in Band B with Air Con to replace our work Fiesta's.

Everywhere is quoting 8-12 weeks, which is after our Fiestas are due Major services and MOT's.

Anyone have any ideas who has UK stock in the North east? Any clues?

We have considered Fiestas, Fusions and Corsas. We do 25-35k a year and need something reliable and chep to maintain.

regards

Barry

Stock of Small Diesel in the North East? - PR {P}
Have you tried Fiat dealers for Grande Puntos? My local one in Stockton always seems to have decent amounts of stock
Only Fiats I would consider are the Panda and 500. Grand Puntos seem to get mixed reviews adn I dont believe they would stand up to the mileage we throw at them.
Stock of Small Diesel in the North East? - PR {P}
Fair point, though the 1.3CDTI Corsa has the same Fiat built engine as the Grande Punto.

My parents GP has been to Italy and back a few times now aswell, no probs (the 1.9JTD)
Stock of Small Diesel in the North East? - Falkirk Bairn
Motorpoint seem to have a raft of low mileage - 2K-3K diesel Fiestas at £8,600 - AC fitted as required by your original post

These will undoubtedly be ex-hire so they would be VAT qualifying!

If they are for business use (and are VAT Registered) getting the VAT back would make them cost under £7.5K and that is before you negotiate for buying 3 at a time.
Stock of Small Diesel in the North East? - DavidHM
But would they incur the same tax write downs as a new car? I think that if you get a Band B car registered by the end of the financial year it's a 100% write down, meaning that for a company the true cost of a £9,000 car would be just over £6,000 (admittedly with no capital allowances from then on).
Stock of Small Diesel in the North East? - Avant
Is it worth thinking about the Skoda Fabia?
Stock of Small Diesel in the North East? - DP
Is it worth thinking about the Skoda Fabia?

They certainly seem tough. A mate has put 25k on his old shape example (vRS) in a year and not a single thing has gone wrong with it. Still looks, feels and drives like new.

Cheers
DP
I had a quick look at prices on the Skoda and they seem to be on the high side. I would like to keep the price under 9k if poss touching £9.5 if need be...and 10K if we have no option.

Last two times we walk in and walk away with the cars two week later. However this is normally in May.
Stock of Small Diesel in the North East? - Peter S
I'm amazed that no dealer has stock, or access to stock, of 3 diesel 5 door hatchbacks with a/c. No wonder that dealers in the UK are struggling - who in their right mind would expect to wait 12 weeks for that kind of car; it's standard hire car spec, so you'd think Ford/Vauxhall would be churning them out by the thousand!!

My only thought would be to try a broker - someone must be able to source 3 cars for you fairly quickly

Peter
Hi,

Managed to find 1!!

Found another 3 but in VED band C, but they are waiting for clearance from Vauxhall to see if they are subject to a recall or not due to headgaskets.

Off to look at Skoda PM.

Baz

Hi,

Found 3 X Fabia 1's with Air Con for £9500 Each. 2 are in the UK and one is expected in 8 Weeks.

What are peoples opinions on th 1.4 80 PS Diesel for high mileages, relaiblity and servicing Costs? Have they timing belts?

Impressions of the Fabia without the test drive are very postive. Seem well Made and very high quality.

Baz

Stock of Small Diesel in the North East? - P E
My wife runs an 03 Fabia with full Skoda main dealer service history. Last December the throttle body failed and total repair bill was £570. Skoda Auto UK declined to offer even a goodwill payment and the car - which she uses for her self employed work - was out of commission for a week waiting on parts.
Managed to get 3 X 5 Door TDCI Fiesta Zetec Blue at second time of trying for £9500 each

I thought things would have improved if I left it for a while. Still no cars if I wanted 3 exactly the same unless I could wait for 12-14 weeks. Even started looking at smaller Petrol engines but this crashed due to lack of air con

Dont believe its the best deal in the world, but even this was very hard work to achieve