2008 confusing colour - Avalon - gsb49
When picking the colour for my new company car I chose what I thought was a shade of silver ie Avalon. As it was a new shade I tried to check in my local dealer what it was, without success. Just to warn anyone thinking it is silver, it is in fact BLUE, more like Tonic.
Had it been a private sale I would have rejected it but as its a comp car its no big deal.
Its a nice shade but I have had a lot of blue cars and never a silver one.
My friend chose Vision and he is now worried what it will look like!

Edited by Pugugly on 13/03/2008 at 21:26

2008 confusing colour - Avalon - chrissieboy2001
Your not kidding !!
I picked the same colour based on Fords web site.
When the car was delivered, i asked who it was for.Eh, you being the reply.
Now ,I work in the Mac IT world and know that the you can't always say the colour seen on screen is exactly what you'll get.
But seriously,is this a mistake on Ford's web site ? It looks nothing like it.
Managed to swop it for a Sea Gray Focus in the end with a colleague as i hated it !
2008 confusing colour - Avalon - owler
As a web-savvy bod you should understand it's almost impossible to get colours "right" esp if they are light tints. Just how can a CRT/LCD display a "metalic colour" - no it can't, I hear.
Whatever happened to the Pantone sytem? - maybe updateed to include "metalic" covering modern car finishes....but in reality your dealer is at fault . . . . happy to take the Order and earn Commission. . . . . but not concerned the customer is happy with the car. Can't be difficult to sell cars, I guess.

Oh alright, blame Ford for not supplying a few paint-panels for the dealer to display.

Edited by owler on 31/03/2008 at 01:11