03 2.2 130BHP. HDi Loss of Power - Gary1
2003 HDi Exclusive Estate. Over the past year or so I have experienced a gradual loss of power. The problem with this is that as it was a slow change you don't notice it until it gets bad. I had a problem with the head gasket and got it changed and the head skimmed hoping that this would solve it. However the problem appears even worse. There are no warning lights and the garage say that no codes are coming up but they do agree that the power is very low.

Any ideas?

Year and engine type put in subject line - got bored with being sarcastic now

Edited by Pugugly on 10/03/2008 at 21:15

03 HDi Loss of Power - Screwloose

What engine size and does it have a particle filter in the exhaust?
03 HDi Loss of Power - Pugugly
See it does matter !!!
03 HDi Loss of Power - Gary1
I have the 2.2 130BHP. I have had the car from new and for the first few years it was fantastic. As far as the pareticule filter is concerned can you help by telling what to look for and where to look to find out?

I do appriciate you help.
Gary

Now that the engine size is known, it's virtually certain that you have a 4HX engine with a FAP particulate filter in the exhaust and a complex control and additive system to go with it.

As an HDi's control system can spot anything going wrong with the fuelling; I'm wondering if the exhaust filer has blocked. You should have had an "unblock diesel filter; additive level low" or "anti-pollution fault" message on the display - have you?
Unfortunately there are no warning lights being displayed-this is the problem. At least then I would know in which direction to look for the fault. How can I tell if I have a filter?
Gary

Easy; just look for "4HX" in the middle of the VIN number.
Hi - Sorry for the delay but been away.

I have the 4HX in the VIN number. Also other people have told me that I should have been getting messages. Since New, the only messages that have ever come on the display are things like "washer bottle empty" etc.. I have the large colour display with the Sat Nav built in - would this effect the lack of messages or is their a conrtol switch or something that I can change?

Gary

Get your garage to plug it in and look for fault-codes and at the differential pressure sensor's readings; [across the FAP] or the DPF loading figures; or the distance between the last five regenerations and the additive level.

All this data is stored - it's having someone to understand it that's getting rarer.
03 HDi Loss of Power - isisalar
Had a similar problem once on a peugeot engined diesel granada. After a lot of futile investigations it turned out to be a split throttle cable casing,the throttle was only opening about 25% on full pedal travel.Could explain why no codes are coming up, it just thinks you're driving very gently.
03 2.2 130BHP. HDi Loss of Power - phil77
Hiya. Did you ever get this problem sorted out? I have a 2002 C5 2.2HDI 136BHP with what sounds like the same problem! I have had it into citreon and they think it need a new turbo but as no codes are coming up they are not sure!