CRV Diesel fuel economy - billythechid

I would be interested to here of others thoughts in respect of mpg numbers for a CRV oil burner. Am looking to buy and use for 600 miles per week and have gathered that manufacturers claims are often not being met. Does mpg improve with a few miles? Am looking to buy with 40k-50k miles.

Also, any reliability issues?

My alternative is an X type 2.0d.

Thank you

Billy
CRV Diesel fuel economy - Manatee
40-42mpg driven sensibly. Press on driving will reduce this to 36-38.

No it has not improved with mileage - now 40,000

No reliability issues yet.
CRV Diesel fuel economy - smithgor
I've done 8k miles since new and initailly was getting 34mpg - mixture of town & motorway which I was disappointed with. Honda dealer did the prescribed 60 mile test and came back with 44mpg which I could not believe. Subsequently I have got 44mpg once (on French A roads) on a 200mile trip where I was constantly working on saving fuel and getting Artics bunching up my back, despite observing the speed limits, so not an enjoyable experience. After 3 long trips to the Alps I am consistently getting abou 31 mpg at 80mph on French Autoroutes, 35 mpg at 70mph on motorways, 38mpg mixed driving. Consumption rockets though soon as you try to use any throttle which makes it tedious to drive if you are bothered about fuel.
Gordon
CRV Diesel fuel economy - crvdriverndc
My experience is better - very new car (1500 miles so far) just done a return trip Cambridge/Edinburgh average mpg is at 39.5. Maintained speed was at or indicated slightly over national speed limits and no holding back on overtaking.

CRV Diesel fuel economy - mike hannon
Might as well buy the petrol version and enjoy.