1998 1.25 Zetec - error codes, how to remove?. - mickey6
I've had cooling probs on my fiesta, I think I've fixed it?,now i just read in the Haynes that it will still be in limp home mode,(ford say LOS) how do i take it out of this mode, ie reset codes?.

Edited by Webmaster on 02/03/2008 at 16:32

1998 1.25 Zetec - error codes, how to remove?. - Screwloose
mickey

If it's still in LOS; then the cooling fan will run continuously - does it? What were the "cooling problems?"
no, the fan comes on just on the red, the problem was in traffic it would go off scale, had to put heater on full to cool it, but now it seems to burn a lot more petrol, i am thinking it needs resetting (codes) to put it back normal?

{'txt' talk removed/amended for proper words as this isn't a MSN chat room or SMS phone conversation}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 02/03/2008 at 17:21

mickey

If it was in LOS; you wouldn't get it over 55mph and it would be seriously slow - literally limping. Codes don't cause limp - limp sets codes.

So what was the cause of the overheating; what have you done to fix it; are there any non-standard fitments and what evidence is there of over-fuelling?
hi m8, problem was stat,fixed it temp seems ok now,but used to put a twenty in for work each week now its thirty same milage??,haynes say still thinks its in (los)maybe thats why? reset codes?need to know how??tnx.

thts al bllxs.
read the haynes?m8 paragraph 6-9 section4A.7,los strategy
1998 1.25 Zetec - error codes, how to remove?. - Pugugly
Mickey please don't use text talk here, as Dave said it isn't MSN or an SMS conversation. It winds people up here and its a real pain to edit. (in otr wrds it esr to delete !)
1998 1.25 Zetec - error codes, how to remove?. - yorkiebar
Haynes manuals are good but not always exact and authorative.

Trust me, screwloose does know what he is saying. And he can speak text talk but usually uses normal english.
sorry again,i am new at this! dont know what i am doing,first time on a computor!yes there are still people like me out out here but i am trying!!(excuse the pun),but still can anyone help me with my car?thankyou.
mickey

Last time. It will not stay in LOS if there is no fault present. Your overheating doesn't sound like a stat; but it wouldn't set codes anyway.

As you have no codes to reset; they will not be the cause of your, possible, over-fuelling; look elsewhere - even to the sharp rise in petrol costs.

Do an accurate brim-to-brim mileage check.

ok mate will do, sorry for any hassel,ime a painter just trying to save a quid,i know zilch about cars,catch you again mate,