Milton keynes for 09:30 - ijws15
How much time do I need to allow to get into Milton Keynes from the M1 on Thursday?

Travelling from the north and need to be near Abbey Hill roundabout (A422). Should I use Junction 15 or 14?

Driven past the queues several times but this time I have to join it.
Milton keynes for 09:30 - Wilco {P}
If you're coming from the North, get off at J15 - A508 down to the A5 roundabout just outside Stony Stratford - then you can drop down A5 or go through Stony towards Abbey Hill.

Traffic builds up down the A508, but easier than going all the way down to J14 and fighting across CMK.

Time needed - not sure! I've never tried to get into the area at that time...
Milton keynes for 09:30 - R40
Yes jct 15 is your better bet at that time of the morning. Difficult to say exactly how long from jct 15 to CMK at rush hour. My best estimate would be allow yourself 50 mins to account for queuing at the A508/A5 roundabout plus the rush hour traffic on the A5 into MK.
Milton keynes for 09:30 - ijws15
Took advice and left at 15. Plenty of time for a coffee in the Wolverton Tesco before his pick up time. Note - Their cafe is now a Starbucks so you can't get a fry up there :-(.

Came out via 14 and it is to be avoided - roadworks meant a 30 minute queue to get onto the roundabout!
Milton keynes for 09:30 - Bromptonaut
Schlepping across all those roundabouts, just to hit the jam for J14, is a mugs game.

Going north from MK, except for peak times when the X/roads with the A45 at Weedon jams up, it's actually worth sticking with the A5 as far as M1/J18 or (with a short stretch on the A426) M1/J20 or to M6/J1.

Same in reverse travelling south.

Edited by Bromptonaut on 29/02/2008 at 21:08

Milton keynes for 09:30 - Niallster
Bit late but a tweak to the above. Heading down the A508 towards MK turn right where signposted to Ashton. Go through village and out the other side to the A5. Much quicker over the roundabout at Stony Stratford and once on the dual carriageway no problems.