1.6 hdi 110 Particulate fault code - arthurbarnes
hi

the infamous particulate filter system had fault code fuel cap sensor faulty replaced sensor and cleared faults gave the fuel cap a couple of removals to encourage system to dose my tank all ok, no anti pollution on on board display now have fault code b1022 intermittent short to earth unknown (everybody's favourite) seeing as its a b code it should be body related any one had this before and give me an idea wear to start thanx

Edited by Pugugly. on 24/02/2008 at 11:10

1.6 hdi 110 Particulate fault code - Screwloose

Is there a sub-editor in the house?
1.6 hdi 110 Particulate fault code - madf
:-)
1.6 hdi 110 Particulate fault code - Armitage Shanks {p}
I will give it a try!

hi

the infamous particulate filter system had fault code fuel cap sensor faulty replaced sensor and cleared faults gave the fuel cap a couple of removals to encourage system to dose my tank all ok, no anti pollution on on board display now have fault code b1022 intermittent short to earth unknown (everybody's favourite) seeing as its a b code it should be body related any one had this before and give me an idea wear to start thanx

Good Morning

I have had a fault code relating to the Particulate Filter. A faulty fuel cap sensor was replaced and the error codes were cleared. I removed and replaced the fuel cap to cause the system to inject EOLYS into the fuel. There is no anti-pollution fault on the dash display but I am now getting fault code B1022. Have any BR members had this code before and can they help me with ideas on where to start? Thank in advance for your input.

Ahh; now it all becomes clear.

arthur

From which ECU are you reading that code? The BSI?
yep got it out of eobd had cap sensor fault replaced sensor cleared down now got earth fault
arthur

EOBD readers normally only read the engine ECU. A cap sensor will be in the additive ECU and a body code in the BSI. Which ECU was that code from?
eobd reads the ecu but the bsi controls talks to all the ecus and cause its got a b prefix it must come from the body ecu and if it had p prefix it will have come from powertrain/engine ecu the cap sensor fault was a p prefix so that must be engine ecu but as i now have b prefix it must be body ecu

Indeed.