If only all traffic wardens were....... - cockle {P}
........ half as nice as the one tonight.

Had to drop my son off for a gig earlier tonight and offload his PA and speakers. Usual problem, not much parking, the only space available was on double yellows almost outside the venue so bit the bullet and parked up to offload.

About fifteen minutes later a warden poked her head through the door,'Is that you parked outside?'
'Yes, we're just unloading, probably be about another ten minutes, if that's OK.'
'No problem, I'll check back in an hour and half on my next circuit then. No point in hassling you; the parking's pretty bad round here at this time of night. Tell you what, when you've finished off-loading just pull round the corner into the side street and park up there out of the way and I'll leave you all night. Have a good, gig.'
'Speechless!!!'

So different to the one a fortnight or so ago who seemed to think we could offload and cart the gear up three flights of stairs in five minutes,'Otherwise I'll regard you as parked and will have no choice but to give you a ticket.'

So to tonight's warden, thank you for making the get in so much less stressful.
If only all traffic wardens were....... - bhoy wonder
Somebody must have hit him over the head. Find him and get him to a hospital asap. ; )
If only all traffic wardens were....... - Hamsafar
"Somebody must have hit him over the head. " it was a her.

I would suspect she was lulling me into a trap if this happened to me.
If only all traffic wardens were....... - Lud
Cool cockle. Of course it shd always be like that.

You get those, and you get the others.

Unfortunately you can't just banish them out of hand.

I feel sorry for the poor things. But I still hate their guts. Human nature innit?

If only all traffic wardens were....... - Mazda-Man
The thing is that these people are routinely the subject of great abuse and castigation so I don't find it surprsiing that many may seem to have a cynical attitude. What goes around comes around doesn't it and it's asking a lot of attendants to give people the benefit of the doubt when they themselves are rarely treated in similar fashion by the public. I hope that the OP serves to show that some of these people are decent folk just trying to do a tough job under very difficult circumstances.
If only all traffic wardens were....... - Mapmaker
I make a habit of saying a cheery good morning to all traffic wardens when I pass them. And being in Westminster, they are legion!