car giant- any downsides? - apm
They seem to have some cracking deals on a variety of cars. Appeals that you can see numerous options at one time, and test drive if you like. At the mo I'm heading towards an estate (prob Accord around 04 reg), but the wife may want something smaller. So we haven't really even decided on a size, let alone model (although we want to go Japanese). Budget will be between £5k & £6k.

Is there any reason why me and Mrs APM shouldn't head up there one day with platinum card in hand, and come home with a new motor?

I've had a look in the archive and found a smattering of positive mentions, but felt a direct question wouldn't hurt.

Thanks in advance,

Alex.
car giant- any downsides? - Wilco {P}
No name & shame here so you won't get any real negatives.

Go with your eyes open, look at condition carefully & don't expect much in the way of after sales support would be my thoughts.

Try google search on CG & problems?
car giant- any downsides? - Flying Red
I've bought a few cars there that have turned out ok, although it's important to check things like a/c works and know when cambelt changes are due for any models you are considering.

I noticed that their high mileage cars were expensive compared to book price, particularly the prestige marques. Also, they don't tend to repair paint or dents, so the cheaper looking cars on the web site may be more careworn when you inspect them physically.
car giant- any downsides? - ablandy
road test with them is really not up to much - 5 mins up road and back in a 30 zone.

No problems with them, see other comments i have made before.

You can pick up same day, but they do seem to prefer you to come back.

car giant- any downsides? - nick1975
Never bought from there but have visited a couple of times

i think they offer a fair deal, i.e. low price/low frills, and plenty of folk seem very happy with the deal they get

but just to set your expectations, i have always been a bit disappointed with the condition of the stock that i have been interested in

Personally, (on the mainstream stuff I was looking at) I would prefer to pay 10% (£500ish) more for something with a few less dings and dents.

I want my 'new' car to be a little bit shiny?..

don't think they take credit cards

Edited by nick1975 on 22/02/2008 at 17:04

car giant- any downsides? - 1066
i liked the buying experience but they woudnt take m credit card so had to return a week later with cheque
car giant- any downsides? - Blue {P}
I agree with what others have said about the slightly careworn condition of a lot of their stock.

When I went there 2 years ago the cars that I liked were all a bit rough, and the Accord that I liked wouldn't even rev past 3,000 rpm, so much for the 114 point check!

car giant- any downsides? - Ben10
I used to see a regular buyer at the Chertsey branch down at Blackbushe car autions. Buying dozens of cars every month.I suggest you cut out the middle man, save money on their prices and buy the same motors at auction. HJ should confirm this.

Edited by Ben10 on 22/02/2008 at 23:43

car giant- any downsides? - drbe
I used to see a regular buyer at the Chertsey branch down at Blackbushe car
autions.

>>

Where is the Car Giant branch in Chertsey?

Are you sure you aren't thinking of someone else?

Edited by drbe on 23/02/2008 at 07:21

car giant- any downsides? - oldtoffee
>>Are you sure you aren't thinking of someone else?

Carcraft?

Generally tidier examples than most of Car Giant stock. Eye wateringly high prices in my experience when I went there with my son looking at Zafiras.