2004 v6 3.0CDTi loss of power and smoking - frayneburger
i have a 54 signum v6 3.0cdti and since september last year the car loses power and smokes terribly, it has been back to vauxhall 4 times and they do not know what is wrong with it (there is no warning lights ) at first it went back under warranty after i had to remove the wrong fuel filter (purflux filter) and fit a genuine vauxhall filter,then they tried to repair it no good ..... went back in and they fit a new fuel filter housing unit under warranty ..... no good same problem ... then they said the original filter could have caused some damage and vauxhall will now not support any future work, the car is now out of warranty, i have took the car to several garages and no one knows what the problem is .... any body suffered the same problem and cured it ?????? HELP

(I realise you're new to the site, but PLEASE take a couple of mins read some of the 'sticky' messages that are at the top of the forum before posting. That way one of us won't have to edit your post to include the year and engine details into the subject header)

Edited by Webmaster on 21/02/2008 at 20:00

2004 v6 3.0CDTi loss of power and smoking - Screwloose

What colour is the smoke, what's the mileage and what fault-codes have been found?
black sooty (rear of car is covered in soot ) 70k ....
2004 v6 3.0CDTi loss of power and smoking - Screwloose

That's too much fuel, or too little burnable air. With those nightmare engines it could be a lot of odd things [most dealers don't want to know them] but I'd start with a turbo hose split or an EGR sticking.

What codes is it flagging?
you are right about the turbo hose that was split, replaced that and still same problem .... will have a go at the egr valve .... cheers
2004 v6 3.0CDTi loss of power and smoking - midlifecrisis
Go to www.vectra-c.com and direct your question to a user named GSi3.2. There's not a lot he doesn't know about Vx engines.