ProShine Waterless Wash & Wax - Mazda-Man
Well in my defence, it was all down to the wife, One of those well intentioned Xmas pressies which seemed destined to languish unused in my garage along with all the rest.....

Anyway today I got so fed up with the state of my trusty MPV which looked like a tip that I decided to clean it for the first time in about 6 months. I'd already started untangling the coiled hose when I saw the Proshine box. The lazy lobe of my brain told me to try it - it had to be better than water, shampoo, wax etc. etc. on a bright but freezing day after all. Deeply cynical about its ability to clean off all the grime without scouring the paint I decided to try it on the rear bumper which has had one of two scrapes and where any damage to the paint wouldn't notice too much. I sprayed it on, rubbed it in with a microfibre cloth and wiped it over with another...... The result was truly amazing!!! It cut through all the dirt and left a wonderful glossy shine where previously there'd been months of grime. Encouraged, I decided to try it on one of the rear side panels and again it cut through the grime, tar spots etc. and restored the finish to what looked almost a showroom standard. I carried on and finished the entire car in about and hour, including the awkward roof which to my shame I think I've only ever cleaned properly once in the 4 years I've owned the vehicle. This bit took a bit longer and required 2 applications to remove some really tough dirt but the result was just as good. Not only did the Spray & Shine leave the paintwok looking great, the chrome, glass, black trim and clear plastic lights have come up shinier than I've seen them since I got the car and entirely scratch free so far as I could see in the hazy sunlight.

I've always been very cynical about 'miracle' motoring products but having now tried it I can honestly say that it's fantastic stuff. No more hoses, gallons of wasted water and those annoying calcium residue drying marks for me - I'm sticking to this stuff and will have no hesitation in using it on the wife's new Focus.

For those who may be interested she got it via a tv shopping channel and it cost about £20 for 2x32oz bottles which, judging by how much I used today, I reckon will do my MPV about 6-8 times. A great product and excellent value for money I'd say, especially if we have another dry summer.

Edited by Pugugly on 02/03/2008 at 21:07

ProShine Waterless Wash & Wax - J1mbo
I read your post and it sounds like the car had 6 months of dirt on it, and you spray something on and *RUB* it in straight away? To be honest you'll struggle to find anyone who uses such a system on their own car, the best way is to foam it down, then rinse then use a lambswool mitt with a good shampoo (two bucket method). Then wipe down with a towl like a terry towl or similar.

What you've done is created swirling and marring on the paint work, take a look at it when the sun is low, see all those swirls? After a while the paint will look washed out and tired. Ditch the gadget and get a Power washer and foaming lance instead!

Having said that if you left it for 6 months then your prolly not that bothered anyway!
You need to re-read my post because that's exactly what I thought but it hasn't happened! I looked at the paint in the bright sunlight this afternoon outside my house and later on in a car park some miles away and it's fine. Even the clear plastic headlamp lenses are fine - no scratching!! This stuff is supposed to work by encapsulating the grit etc. so it doesn't scratch. Just like you I thought it was a gimmick but this stuff really works and here are no swirls at all. Conversely ALL my previous cars I've washed in the normal way have had swirls marks no matter how careful I've been i.e. hose off car, wash with sponge and car wash, dry off with leather or microfibre cloth then wax/polish.

I've noticed that quite a few local car washes use a waterless system too so this stuff isn't new. In fact our civic centre car park now has waterless car washes on all its floors.

Ps there's a difference between not being bothered and not having the time or inclination ;)

Edited by Mazda-Man on 21/02/2008 at 22:23

ProShine Waterless Wash & Wax - Alby Back
Only vaguely related to the OP but I used an old trick today a couple of times. I always keep a kitchen roll in the car at this time of year. Great for removing that grungy salt laden greasy muck which quickly builds up on door mirrors, lights, number plates and side windows on a day like today if you are travelling any distance. Quick wipe round during fuel/coffee stop and sorted. Unlike a cloth which just smears it about and can actually reduce visibility.
ProShine Waterless Wash & Wax - Ben10
I also saw the tele shopping section for this product and was impressed, but sceptical. I did not purchase any but waited to see what the BR made of it. All negative, so I haven't bothered. But it was good to hear from you that it does work. Do you work for the company that makes it?
ProShine Waterless Wash & Wax - Dynamic Dave
Do you work for the company that makes it?

If he did, do you think this post would still be here?

That aside, from what I understand of this product, the microfibre cloth that's supplied plays an important part.
Could well be DD - I've been using microfibre cloths on the car for a while now (in fact I recall posting here about my initial observations some time ago possibly as volvoman??) and there's no doubt they work very well inside and out. The stuff I received didn't come with cloths supplied by the company but I already have a good stock of large heavy duty microfibre cloths I obtained from Costco which have proved excellent around the home too. Possibly the combination of the 2 products is the key to success but honestly, if I hadn't done it myself I really wouldn't have believed it possible. IIRC the instructions on the bottle don't state that mircofibre has to be used - just clean dry cloths but I'll check this later. Apparently this stuff is excellent for cleaning easily marked surfaces like stainless steel, upvc etc. so I'd suggest that any cynics out there who don't want to risk their pride and joy try some of this stuff on other surfaces (try an inconspicuous area first of course) and see for themselves. I'm going to be doing some experimentation over the next few days myself.

Oh and just to confirm, no I don't work for the company and don't know anyone who does. Virtual retirement suits me just fine :)

ProShine Waterless Wash & Wax - seasiders rock
welcome to the club, been using pro-shine for about a year. my panda 100 hp has metallic grey paint and can confirm if used with the correct micro fibre cloths no scratches or swirls.
works with glass, plastics, and swmbo uses it to clean the house windows. ( must learn to hide it better.)
the trick is the micro fibre cloths, when they get filthy throw them in the washing machine.
the lazy mans way to clean your car, recommended.
ProShine Waterless Wash & Wax - Pugugly
bump
ProShine Waterless Wash & Wax - BobbyG
PU why the bump?

Is this some new forum advertising revenue method????
ProShine Waterless Wash & Wax - Pugugly
I was slipped some used fivers by a man in a shiny car ! :-)
ProShine Waterless Wash & Wax - oldgit
.*********
I have been doing this for all my motoring life and car ownership i.e. over 50 years. The product, you describe, I've also seen on the shopping channels and whilst intriguing, common sense tells me that eventually you'll badly scratch you glass or paint - but perhaps that does not concern you too much, I would guess?