Scam or Legit - Carlitto
My brother is thinking of buying a van via an ad he found in a wellknown motoring mag. I'm a bit nervous about it but what do you guys think. This is paraphrased from the guys email that is selling it ...

First let me say that the car is available for 9200 GBP,the car is in perfect conditions ,no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage,no engine problems, no hidden defects,the car has not sustained any damage whatsoever. The interior is in like new condition and has never been smoked in. There is no outstanding finance on the car. The car is still UK registered, the problem is that at this moment I am located in Germany for the next 3 months because I've just started a new business here with an old friend of mine. Also I must let you know that the car is here with me but I will arrange to be shipped at your door without any problem. The car comes with original invoice, owners manual and all the documents to prove its ownership. You won't have to pay any import taxes because it's a UK car, not an import. You will get from me the keys and all documents to register the car onto your name. The delivery of the car takes max. 5 days depending on your location.I am a private seller not a dealer and I had (for the moment) the privilege to buy this car at a low cost from a bankrupt dealer and now this new business is forcing me to sell it fast and under the market value. The price you will have to pay in order to own this vehicle is 9200 GBP with shipping costs included!
I am not able to handle the sale in person and that's why I have arranged everything with the delivery of the car. I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate,the security part of this deal will be managed by World Pay,in this way both of us will be protected. They will safeguard the transaction from all and any angle. The sale will be thru Woeld Pay, meaning that they will hold and insure your money until receipt of the car in good condition. You will be given a 7 days inspection period before releasing the payment. The inspection period is starting from the day you will receive the vehicle. You will have the car for inspection and test drive BEFORE any money is released to me.
If you wish to purchase the car please provide me your full name and full address so I can initiate the deal through World Pay. I hope we can do business.

????

Views please.
Scam or Legit - deepwith
Sounds Nigerian to me - not to be touched with a barge pole. Certainly not written by some one whose first language is English and World Pay is like Western Union - untraceable and unretrievable.
Scam or Legit - njgleeds
Hi there,

It's a complete and utter scam.... don't even think about it!

I've seen various other adverts across other forums on the web with almost identical wording and every one was a con.

Best wishes,
Neil
Scam or Legit - grumpyscot
Re-arrange into a well known phrase or saying:-

"Pole barge with a touch don't it"
Scam or Legit - Collos25
Ask them where it is in Germany and if its near enough I will go and look at it for you ,I bet you never get the information complete scam.
Scam or Legit - oldnotbold
100% male cow excrement. Run a mile and keep going.
Scam or Legit - NARU
When I received something like this in response to an advert in Autotrader, I forwarded it to them and the advert was very promptly removed. And I got a nice email thanking me for reporting it.
Scam or Legit - R40
Another variant of a scam type that can be seen all over ebay at the moment. A mate of mine managed to string one of these along for 6 days before the scammer gave up lol.

As above do not touch with the longest bargepole......................
Scam or Legit - schneip
Um...... doesn't the very fact that a "van" is described repeatably by the seller as a "car" lead your brother to think it might be better to keep well away?! ;)
Scam or Legit - ablandy
scam scam scam scam scam.

iirc this has been addressed before. On a well known car trader website, if you look for any of the premium brands you can often find an ad like this. I think the last one on here was for a 6 series bmw.

Scam or Legit - normd2
this sounds exactly like a scam that was reported on here a few weeks or so ago and the OP strung the seller along for a bit just to see what would happen.
Scam or Legit - yorkiebar
If you or your brother need to be told that this is a scam then i am surprised.

Dont even bother with wasting time on it!

A fool and his money are easily parted. Don't be that fool !
Scam or Legit - Paul I
So far I've heard of a Porsche Cayanne in Germany, Audi TT in the Czech Republic and numerous BMW's either in Germany or Poland always advertised in exactly the same way.

I would want the car in the country, in the flesh before I parted with penny. If it sounds to good to be it is. Caravelles hold there price well, there's alot of van conversions out there with high mileage whilst the conversion is good the milages are ussually very high !!

Expect to be Paying at least £14K realastically for anything T5 based.
Scam or Legit - tack
waste no time on it, forget it. "Move along ladies and gents, nothing to see here"
Scam or Legit - injection doc
I am suprised you even ask, raising the question means you were uncertain. This type of scam is very common & infact just advertising my own car on a web site produced offers to buy via a shipping company. Scam scam scam. Run run run
Inj Doc
Scam or Legit - Carlitto
Thanks everyone. I was pretty certain it was a scam for all the reasons that have been pointed out and thankfully my brother is enlightened. Just reassuring to hear it from others. Cheers.