digital tyre pumps - tucks
i am considering purchasing one of these pumps that plug into the cigar lighter. would appreciate reports if they are a worthwhile purchase

tucks
digital tyre pumps - oilrag
Yes they are, its the only extra `tool` I carry with me these days, along with the AA card.

( until about 8 years ago I used to carry a 50lbs toolkit ;)

Regards

Edited by oilrag on 20/02/2008 at 21:10

digital tyre pumps - grumpyscot
Bought one of these years ago - use it for the two cars and the two pushbikes (and occasionally an airbed!). So much easier than using the right leg and having an aching foot.

Brilliant if you get a slow when you're parked up in mud - plug in, start it up and have a coffee while it's doing the job, and you keep your shoes reasonably clean too!
digital tyre pumps - SlidingPillar
Mine works well, despite having 265/75 16s to blow up. Being a non trusting soul I checked the gauge against a normal one the local weights and measures checked for me (long story) and it's not bad at pressure readings either.
digital tyre pumps - jc2
Maplins have got their combined booster battery/air compressor for £19.99 in their sale.
digital tyre pumps - jc2
And ALDI have a bigger one for £24.99.
digital tyre pumps - Armitage Shanks {p}
I have a Halfords one which is fine. I need 32 psi so I set that and and it pumps and cuts out automatically. I then check with a proper gauge and find I have only got 30 so I ask the pump for 34 and get 32 - easy and cheap!
digital tyre pumps - Waino
I have the Halfords one. When I first had it, I inflated the tyres on my son's Corsa to the correct pressure, then set about the the spare from the boot which was flat as a pancake. A minute or so later, I had completely flattened the battery - which I now believe was well on it's way out. Just a word of caution ;-)
digital tyre pumps - Hamsafar
I use a Wilko's special for £7, I used to have a fancy Halfords one, it was bulky but you could preset the pressure and it would stop at that, the LCD stopped, then the whole thing stopped. The Wilkos one is tiny, noisy, jumps about, but the gauge is accurate, and it tucks away neatly and nicely. 4/5
digital tyre pumps - volcane
review of about 20 models in last weeks autoexpress.