'55 Partner van, Diesel throttle cable adjustment - bathtub tom
Naturally aspirated (although I believe this still leaves more than one option).
The fuel pump is mounted on the front RH (drivers) side, if this helps!

I got fed up today with the absolute lack of performance of this heap I'm obliged to drive. I was sure its lack of performance was due to a slack throttle cable, and managed to prise off the plastic engine cover. I removed the 'hairclip' from the pump end of the throttle cable, got a colleague to hold the accelerator pedal fully down, and pulled the cable to get full movement at the pump. I replaced the 'hairclip', released the cable, and colleague released the accelerator pedal.

The result is now the revs max out at over 5K instead of about 4200, and it has enough acceleration to pull out into unrestricted roads with more confidence. I reckon it's now got about twice as much throttle movement.

Is this the correct adjustment procedure, and out of curiosity, can anyone tell me what the other bowden cable going to the pump below the throttle cable is for?
'55 Partner van, Diesel throttle cable adjustment - gordonbennet
BT, i'm shocked that you found a vehicle WITH a throttle cable!!!.

All you need to find now is the mixture screw (i'll be doubly shocked if its got one), and give it a bit more juice and go.
'55 Partner van, Diesel throttle cable adjustment - Screwloose
Tom

It's certainly one way to set it.

The other cable is probably the warm-up fast idle.