(03-) 1.6D Auto - Temp Loss of Power - ukbaker
My 1.6 D Auto suffers from an occasional loss of power. The engine goes into safe mode although no engine management notice appears.Turning off the engine: wait 5 minutes and its gone, the car returns to normal. The garage has been very good but it is difficult if not impossible for them to see the car while it is playing up. Their computer has produce various fault codes and various filters have been changed but the problem remains. Any thoughts?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 19/02/2008 at 18:37

Temp Loss of Power 1.6D Auto - elekie&a/c doctor
I think you will find this car is fitted with the Ford/Peugeot engine.Suggest get the air intake pipes checked for splits,especially the pipe that runs from the turbo on top of engine and down towards the front of the gearbox.This is a metal/rubber flexi combination pipe.hth
Temp Loss of Power 1.6D Auto - ukbaker
Thanks for that. I will look at that. It does seem to be a problem which others have had.
(03-) 1.6D Auto - Temp Loss of Power - Screwloose

What were the fault codes?
(03-) 1.6D Auto - Temp Loss of Power - nottsruss
We have the same problem with our 04 with only 12500 miles. Engine dies completely and can be very alarming, our dash shows no errors or malfunctions either.Spent a week in Ford dealership and it happened to them also. One diagonostic was fuel system pressure too high so engine closes down, but still returned to us with two faults not recognised.
I have been thru many threads on this problem and Ford should admit to major problems with this auto tdci cvt combination !! others have advised to part ex thru a ford dealer as some garages wont even touch these cars.
Our car also suffers from hesitant and irratic acceleration , in future we would have the standard auto box not cvt.