Classic car events, recommendations please. - pullgees
I want to go to a classic car show sometime this year preferably in the milder weather. Must be an out door event with a large number of exhibits, ( more cars than auto jumble). Recommendations please.
Classic car events, recommendations please. - daveyjp
It depends where you are and how far you want to travel.

Tatton Park - Cheshire:

Sat 31st May & Sun 1st June
Classic and Performance Car Spectacular with Giant Cheshire Auto-jumble

The 22nd year for one of Britain's best and most popular classic car events. Over 2,000 Classic Performance and Vintage cars on show. Over 80 of Britain's top club displays including Jaguar, Lotus, Mercedes Benz and a special feature by the TVR car club. Massive 2 day autojumble with classic car-mart. General trade stands, children's rides and refreshments. A great day out for the family

9am to 5pm
Adults £6. Children under 12 Free
For more information tel 01565 723863 or visit the Cheshire Auto Promotions website

Harewood House, Leeds

Fathers Day Vintage & Classic Vehicle Rally

15 June 2008

Special Event Day with Yorkshire Post Motor Show

This spectacular annual event attracts over around 700 Classic and Vintage car, commercial vehicles and motor bikes from all over the country and Europe.

It also features the Yorkshire Post Motor Show with up to 20 major motor dealers from the region with their latest models along with a wide variety of trade stands. There is arena entertainment throughout the day, a fun fair, food village and a craft marquee {last word was picked up by the swear filter as it's also a HTML command that we don't want people using}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 18/02/2008 at 13:43

Classic car events, recommendations please. - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
High Peak Run Sunday 1 June.
Based in Buxton, Derbyshire.
Starts/finishes Pavilion Gardens.Vehicles return 1pm on.
Cars are usually pre 1959 and bikes may be a bit later.
No autojumble- just vehicles. Around 150 usually.
I am part of the organising club, High Peak Historic Vehicle Club.
Classic car events, recommendations please. - MVP
You have to try the Goodwood Revival in September - a walk around the car park alone is something special, the main event is spectacular.

MVP
Classic car events, recommendations please. - bathtub tom
'Classics on the common'
Usually held July, free entry, over 1000 cars (a few bikes and commercials too).
Harpenden common, late afternoon to early evening.
Harpenden is on A6, a few miles south of Luton. I've found the least painful way to do it is by train. Park at Luton Parkway station (but don't tell everyone). Harpenden station is only a couple of hundred yards from the common.
Classic car events, recommendations please. - pullgees
These sound like excellent events thanks a lot. I went to The Bristol Classic Car event at the Royal Bath and Avon Show ground last Sunday and I was disappointed. Largely autojumble, considering the size of the place not that many vehicles.. A trip to Haynes Motor Museum which is only a few miles down the road would have been much better.
Classic car events, recommendations please. - frazerjp
I go to Beaulieu auto jumble at the Beaulieu motor museum in the New forest in Hampshire twice a year, there's a spring one & an autumn autojumble.
Classic car events, recommendations please. - Lud
And if you want to see action as well as cars, VSCC Shelsley Walsh - organised I think by the Worcestershire branch of the VSCC - is fairly unforgettable. Try to wangle or buy a paddock pass and watch the vintage racers warming up their back tyres for the start. Take a picnic.

Shelsley Walsh claims to be the world's oldest motor sport venue still in use. It is a 1,000 yard hillclimb.

Edited by Lud on 18/02/2008 at 16:59

Classic car events, recommendations please. - Muggy
If they still hold a "Nostalgia Show" weekend at the Science Museum, Wroughton, near Swindon that would be well worth going to.

Haven't been able to go for a few years [ don't even know if they still do it... ] but every time I've been in the past the place has been wall to wall with hundreds, if not thousands, of classics.

When I went before it was always on or around the first weekend in July each year.
Classic car events, recommendations please. - stunorthants26
Check out Billing Aquadrome near Northampton - they have many different car shows over the year. I dont have the website addy but im sure a quick search will find it.

Ive been to both American and japanese car shows there.
Classic car events, recommendations please. - stackman
Easter Monday, 24th March, sees classic and historic saloon car racing at Castle Combe.

It's agreat chance to see jags, minis, mustangs and galaxies mixing it.

A walk around the paddock is also a must, with loads of exotic metal on show.
Classic car events, recommendations please. - OldGolfer
Have a look at this website, and try to get the 2008 Yearbook if it is available now ...

www.morgansyearbook.co.uk

Quote from the site home page ...

The 2008 edition of Morgan's Historic & Classic Vehicle Events Yearbook will include over 750 events as the area covered has been increased to include Merioneth, Montgomery, Stafford, Shropshire, Leicestershire & Rutland as it?s southern boundary and everywhere north up to the Shetland Islands. The 2008 yearbook will be 72 pages.

HTH

Regards
Paul
Classic car events, recommendations please. - Pica
Wheels Day Aldershot Arena on Good Friday ( I have not been but friends say it is really good)
Classic car events, recommendations please. - PoloGirl
Basingstoke festival of transport: www.basingstoke.gov.uk/leisure/events/_festivaloft...m

I went with someone wanting to practise his photography a couple of years ago and there was plenty to look at.

They also do a classic cars thing at Milestones museum in Basingstoke, but from memory that seemed to be more about steam and engines, old fashioned fire engines, tractors, that kind of thing.

Classic car events, recommendations please. - De Smythe
What about Bromley Motor Pageant in Kent/South London border, allegedly the "largest single day motor event in Europe"? Truly a massive event but good parking and everything from 1900-2000 is on display. First time I saw a Lambo Diablo and a Dodge Charger in the flesh too!
Classic car events, recommendations please. - Roger Jones
Classics on the Common, Harpenden (see above), has attracted 2000 and more exhibits in recent years, including a dozen DeLoreans at a time, plus a motorbike corner and a sprinkling of old buses, military vehicles, farm vehicles, etc. Weather permitting, it's a delightful event. It is surrounded by pubs and restaurants, plus an excellent fish & chip shop. Over £5000 is raised for local charities each year.

www.classicsonthecommon.com/
Classic car events, recommendations please. - Pricey
I know your message was posted some time ago, but why not give this event a try. It is destined to be the Goodward of the North and the inaugural event is happening this year and I'm definately going.

The Cholmondeley Pageant of Power.

I work for a marketing company who are employed by Cholmondeley Pageant of Power to help create an awareness of this particular event.

A pageant of speed and excitement , featuring seven decades of classic and competition cars, motorbikes, powerboats and helicopters. Trade stands and children?s entertainment plus wonderful locally sourced food and drink- a wonderful weekend for all the family in a stunning setting.
Cholmondeley Castle,
Cheshire
9th and 10th August 2008.

www.pageantofpower.com

{Moderators footnote. HJ has given permission for this post, so we would be grateful if you didn't report it to us - DD}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 11/07/2008 at 19:37