2001, 1.3 Endura - Re-program Remote key? - gah2402
Hi,

I have a 2001 (1.3 Endura) Fiesta Flight, which only came with one key with a red chip at the top. I have since bought a blank key, which has been cut successfully. I have also bought a second-hand 3 button remote, with the serial number 98AG 15K601-AD. I have found instructions on the Net, which are suppose to allow me to reprogram the remote. However, they don't seem to work. The instructions I have suggest turning the key from I to II four times, which should make the PATS light come on. Then turn the key to 0, and then hold the unlock button on the remote until the PATS light flashes 4 times. When I turn the key to 0, the PATS light goes out. Does anyone know of any other instructions, or do I need to go to a Ford garage to get this done?

Edited by Webmaster on 16/02/2008 at 11:58

2001, 1.3 Endura - Re-program Remote key? - Dynamic Dave
Does anyone know of any other instructions ....

Not sure if this is the site that you already got your info from:-

www.mirez.co.uk/KeyProg.htm

Hi,

No the site I got instructions from is here: www.programyourkeys.com/
I had seen the site you mentioned, but nothing there helped either.
2001, 1.3 Endura - Re-program Remote key? - mfarrow
Does ignoring the fact that the light goes out and just holding down the unlocking button make the PAS light flash anyway?

Stupid question perhaps but do you know if your car is fitted with remote central locking?
Hi,

No, holding down the button does nothing. I also opened up the remote, and checked the battery with a voltmeter, and it seems ok. I know the car should have remote locking as it's in the manual.
2001, 1.3 Endura - Re-program Remote key? - mfarrow
I know the car should have
remote locking as it's in the manual.

The manual will be generic for all versions of the vehicle, unless it specifically states that the remote locking is standard.
How do I find out if the car has remote central locking?
I have now had a good look at the owners manual. I cannot see anything that would tell me one way or the other if the car has remote locking as standard, or if it was only available on some models. I have looked on Ebay at some Fiesta Flights that are for sale, and some of these mention remote locking, so all I can do is assume that my car might also have remote locking. However, is there any way to tell for definite if it has?
2001, 1.3 Endura - Re-program Remote key? - Dynamic Dave
However is there any way to tell for definite if it has?

Phone or pop around to your nearest Ford garage with your chassis number and ask?
2001, 1.3 Endura - Re-program Remote key? - elekie&a/c doctor
Base model Fiestas of this era are unlikely to have remote locking.However if it has a factory fitted alarm system then it will.Check in the boot below the right rear lamp unit to see if there is an alarm horn fitted.(pull back carpet) hth
Ok, I've had a good look in the boot, and I don't see any horn for an alarm. I assumed (which you should never do!) that it would have had remote entry because it definitely has an immobiliser as standard. The horseshoe key I had cut (to fit onto the remote transponder) opens the doors, but won't start the car because of the immobiliser. I don't want to bypass this, so how can I get a spare key that does start the car?
2001, 1.3 Endura - Re-program Remote key? - jc2
Immobilisers have been standard on ALL Fords since the 80's;alarms and central and double locking have depended on the level of trim.
The car does have central locking (I can hear a motor turning over when I turn the key in the door) and an internal boot release.