2001 1.6 Meridian - Airbag light on - hector1975
Hi I have a 2001 Peugeot 306 Meridian that has the airbag light on - it just stays on and doesn't even flicker. I have removed the seats and checked all the wiring underneath for loose connections , removed the steering column shroud and checked the wiring there also (with battery disconnected!)
I can't get the car to a Peugeot garage as the car isn't currently taxed or insured . I can get the airbag control module checked for £60 but i can't find it - any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 14/02/2008 at 13:23

2001 1.6 Meridian - Airbag light on - Screwloose

Centre console, just ahead of the gearlever. There may be sidebag units too.

Why not just get someone in to read the fault-codes?
Thanks Screwloose that's a good idea. I noticed there was what looked to be an earth wire dangling under the passenger seat ..maybe someone kicked this out with the ignition on and logged an airbag fault?? .It won't go away with the battery disconnected. Anyone know of a good auto diagnostics man in the York area that could re-set the airbag brain ?
hector

The light will extinguish once the fault is cleared. Observing precautions; disconnect and clean the plugs under the seats with electrical contact cleaner [or WD40 if you must] and try again.
hector

snipquote

allready tried that with wd-40 and bent/scraped contacts with a screwdriver but will try again to be sure. I didn't get so much as a flicker from the airbag light so not got much hope of it working.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 14/02/2008 at 21:15

hello again, had the codes read today by a mobile diagnostics expert and it seems there is a fault with the passenger airbag system (all other bags are 'armed' and working apparently. Anyone know how to remove the glovebox or bag itself (to check connections to the passenger airbag) and what resistance values the passenger airbag on/off switch should have at the pins ?

Passenger bag faults are often the disabling switch; just working it a bit will sometimes clear the code and pin-point the problem.
Thanks again, just tried working the switch,no joy so measured the resistance at the pins - it does vary between the off-on position but whether its within range i have no idea. I would order up a new switch if i could figure out how to get to the back of the passenger airbag to check the wiring first.