Advise on Options - Linda
I have an August 98 3door Fiesta Finesse (36000 miles, good condition) on a 3 year Ford Options agreement which is due to end in July. If I wanted to buy the car the final payment would be £3700 or I could hand it back or enter a new agreement.
Anyway, I don't want to carry on with Options, I'd like to buy a nearly-new from a car warehouse. Do I just hand this car back or should I buy it with a view to selling it on for a bit more. I can't seem to find the value of this model, the lists in the magazines confuse me.
Any advise from you knowledgable guys greatly appreciated.
Linda.
Re: Advise on Options - honest john
It's not worth £3,700. Walk away.

HJ
Re: Advise on Options - D J Woollard
Linda,
HJ to the point and spot on. Main dealers may ask a little more but the retail of your car should only be around £3,600. As a private sale you might ask about £3,250 but expect offers nearer the trade in value of around £2850.
Any way you tried to dispose of this Fiesta would lose on £3,700.
Take care with your next purchase (or take HJ with you!). There are great bargains about but it may be easy to get confused by the car selection, warranty options and finance packages at these large outlets. You may even find your local dealer has some really good deals if you push hard enough.
Try and arrange you own finance before looking as it may avoid some of the hard sell concentrating on a monthly budget forgetting the actual total cost. Dealer low rate or interest free finance is not always what it seems. Sometimes it is only offered on cars that are hard to shift or overpriced.
Post your proposed purchase details here before signing on the line and I'm sure a barrage of opinions will appear.
Best of luck.
David
Re: Advise on Options - Linda
Many thanks HJ and David for your advice, I'll certainly take all you say on board and post again for more help before I decide on a deal. What a super, useful site! lol x Linda.