Trip Computer Options New Skodas - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
A 'maxi dot' trip computer is an option on the Fabia2 and the Roomster.
The brochure does not make it clear what the standard trip computer does and what would I get paying the extra cash?
I like the mpg , mileage remaining, time of journey stuff that my current Passat shows.
Trip Computer Options New Skodas - Altea Ego
Maxi dot is not just about extra stuff displayed. It gives you more control over car electronic functions, Like central locking options, lights on options, alarm options,

(for example do you want "autolocking" of central locking on (locks doors after you drive off)
You can control that from maxidot.)
So would the 'standard' trip computer give me the mpg etc data that I have in my Passat?
Not sure I want the various control functions-I struggle with mobile phones- and the control modules under the Passat carpet have suffered with water ingress.

I'm thinking of adding a cycle carrier, cruise control and acoustic parking sensors.
Maybe metallic paint - but at £360?
Trip Computer Options New Skodas - Altea Ego
So would the 'standard' trip computer give me the mpg etc data that I have
in my Passat?

Yes
Trip Computer Options New Skodas - Pugugly {P}
Bog standard computer shows mileage, two odometers, outside temp, instant MPG, average MPG, Journey time in two levels, 2x Tripmeters., miles to fill up and that's your lot. After an iDrive on the BMW somewhat Spartan but nonetheless enough on what is a very efficient little motor.
Thanks for that.
Got my 24 hour test in a Roomster next Monday and looking forward to it.
SWMBO is getting worried and is suggesting I better buy another VW.
Trip Computer Options New Skodas - JohnN
Maxi dot is not just about extra stuff displayed. It gives you more control over
car electronic functions Like central locking options lights on options alarm options

snipquoted and reformatted

How?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 16/02/2008 at 21:57

Trip Computer Options New Skodas - runboy
How?

Well on my Octavia the maxidot can do things like:

Do I want the windows to auto close if it rains
Do I want the cars lights to come on when I unlock the car or stay on when I get home and for how long
Do I want just the drivers door to unlock or all doors and hatch
Do I want the quick touch 3 wink indicator option on or off
Do I want the door mirror to dip when I select reverse
Do I want the trip to show miles or km, the time in 12h or 24h
The maxidot display can also mirror the radio display (in mine anyway) and show radio or cd info

The maxidot gives you control over options that would otherwise mean a hook up to a VAGCOM, probably at a dealer for a cost. It also looks nicer on the dash (if you like that sort of thing) and the text is a nice white colour with coloured warnings like low fuel, low washer fluid. Looks better than the VW red display IMHO.