03 HDi airbag light constantly lit. - scfc_151
Hi,

My dads airbag light is constantly lit. Its not been deployed that we are aware. I have tried disconnecting the pretensioner under the seat but still lit.

Other than the sensor is there anything else that could be a 'quick fix'?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 04/02/2008 at 21:06

airbag light - Screwloose
What year is it? Does it have a Comms 2000 column module?

{ "What year is it?" as Meatloaf would say, 'you took the words right out of my mouth' - DD}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 04/02/2008 at 18:50

airbag light - scfc_151
its an 03 plate 406 hdi estate
airbag light - Robin the Technician
This is a very well known fault - particularly with this vehicle. It is caused by a poor connection of the plugs under the driver/ passenger seat. I dare say that there are two drivers who adjust the seat evey time they get in which makes it worse. The official Peugeot cure is to cut the plugs out of the harness and solder the wires back together i.e. red to red, blue to blue (not the ACTUAL colours but given as an example). Then insulate them with tape. I have done this on several Pugs with 100% success.

airbag light - daisyjane
Robin,I have been trying to do what you say in this reply about the Peugeot 406 airbag light keeps coming on but am having no luck. There are lots of plugs under the seat - how do I know which one is the airbag? Any advise would be very welcome.
snipquote!

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 15/06/2008 at 17:08

airbag light - andyp
Please be very very careful when checking for poor connections, or doing any work on air bags, it is extremely easy to fire them off, the outcome of which can be serious injury !

You should disconnect the battery for at least an hour before working on them.
airbag light - Robin the Technician
There is a small multiplug under each seat which has two wires only. All you need to do is cut the corresponding wire i.e. orange to orange (sorry can't remember the wire colours) and rejoin them doing away with the plug. Its the problem with the plug and its connectors and by by passing it the problem is elliminated. Do it one wire at a time and there should be no need to disconnect the battery. However, its up to you if you want to diconnect, but just remember to make sure you have the radio code. I've done this repair lots of times without any problems.

Hope this helps

airbag light - Screwloose

Any work on airbags carries a small risk and the manufacturer's [or Haynes] safety instructions should be followed to the letter.

The under-seat plugs are affected by silicone evaporating from the seat foam. A good wash with electrical contact cleaner is all that is needed - and is much safer than soldering.
airbag light - Fullchat
For some reason the colour orange comes to mind for the airbag connector under the seat. But that really is a long shot.
airbag light - 406HDIexecutive

I have had this problem since i bought the car, its had a new com 2000 indicator stalk put into it which did not cure the problem, its not that bothersome however as i can push the button on the dash to clear the words 'airbag fault' from the sceen but i still dont like the light in the instrument cluster or the bleep. I have the executive model and under the seat there is more wires than in a telephone exchange box because they are electric, how do i know what wires to go for to do this job, and is solder essential can good old fashoned terminal blocks do the job

airbag light - CarBreaker
This is a very well known fault - particularly with this vehicle. It is caused by a poor connection of the plugs under the driver/ passenger seat. I dare say that there are two drivers who adjust the seat evey time they get in which makes it worse. The official Peugeot cure is to cut the plugs out of the harness and solder the wires back together i.e. red to red, blue to blue (not the ACTUAL colours but given as an example). Then insulate them with tape. I have done this on several Pugs with 100% success.

Can a main dealership diagnose if this is the problem? Ive used 3 diagnostic computer checks and none can identify the exact problem. plz reply ASAP thank you

airbag light - injection doc

I also used to fix lots of these and mostly soldering the connectors under the seat or the squib was the problem. Just to add to the advise when soldering use a gas soldering iron. I have seen a mains iron trigger off an air bag ! you have been warned