Toyota Rav4 or Honda CRV - Big Ray
AARGH! Help! My brain hurts! Can't decide between these two SUVs. Love the interior of the Honda, very comfortable and good to drive. Diesel much quieter than Rav4. But Rav exterior styling is a lot more pleasing to the eye. And the XTR is an amazingly well equipped vehicle for the money. My wife says the Honda has a more user friendly gear change, she doesn't like the long throw of the Rav. We have test driven both petrols and diesels, and performance is similar like for like. Now need divine intervention to help make a decision before my head explodes!!!!

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 03/02/2008 at 10:15

Toyota Rav4 or Honda CRV - the_bandit
Simple!!

Girls drive RAV4s.

Guys drive CRVs.

So who's wearing the trousers then??

Toyota Rav4 or Honda CRV - Alby Back
And hairdressers drive anything in this category !
Toyota Rav4 or Honda CRV - gordonbennet
I agree about the quirky looks of the CRV, looks like somebody hacked a chunk off the front lower bonnet/grill with a chainsaw.

Dont like the toyo gearchange, hmm compromise, get the rav with auto instead, assuming its available.

One particular hairdresser round here used to run ferrari's in the 70's and the girls loved him to bits...i've often wished i'd been a hairdresser.
Toyota Rav4 or Honda CRV - Alby Back
Oh, don't get me wrong, I know lots of people like this sort of car. Where I live every second vehicle seems to be one of these "soft-roaders". I know it must be me because I am very much in the minority hereabouts, but I just don't "get" the attraction of this type of car. When I needed a Land Rover that's what I had and now that I don't, I have a car. The notion of having a vehicle which is compromised on both counts just puzzles me. I would contend that the whole concept amounts to the motor industry's most successful and profitable practical joke. Fashion drives people to the most illogical conclusions. ( IMHO of course )

Having had my curmudgeonly rant and taken advantage of the original post to make a cheap jibe I shall withdraw into my normal and strangely comforting grumpy state of bemusement with the modern world and its' values. Hope you enjoy your new car whatever it is ! ;-)
Toyota Rav4 or Honda CRV - Happy Blue!
I also think that you spend far more time in a car than looking at it from the outside. Therefore if you prefer the interior of the Honda go for it, all other things being equal. HJ had some very good things to say about the CR-V and it is much newer than the RAV4.

Whilst it would be sensible (and greener) to drive a normal car and not a softroader, their extra height gives them an advantage in terms of comfort, ease of access/egress, loading children and other cargo and view of the road. That is why so many mothers like them.
Toyota Rav4 or Honda CRV - grumpyscot
Oh don't get me wrong I know lots of people like this sort of car.
Where I live every second vehicle seems to be one of these "soft-roaders". I know
it must be me because I am very much in the minority hereabouts but I
just don't "get" the attraction of this type of car. >>

We got a CRV simply because my ageing (but now deceased) mother & mother-in-law found it very difficult to get in & out of a "normal" car (we had a BMW 3 series and a Volvo at the time). It was too hard for them to stoop. CRV seemed (and was) the perfect solution - they could stand and slide on to the seat without bending, and getting out of the car , they simply slid into a standing position again without bending. Dog not too happy having to jump into the rear, as she's getting older too, but all in all, the CRV has (and still is) our perfect car- a 4 x 4 when needed but smaller and more economical than the Volvo - and much more reliable too!
Toyota Rav4 or Honda CRV - rogue-trooper
Have you thought about the Nissan X-Trail?
Toyota Rav4 or Honda CRV - Happy Blue!
Yes - diesel and auto on the X-trail
Toyota Rav4 or Honda CRV - Falkirk Bairn
Still some old (2007 model) X-trails @ Motorpoint - £13K for a brand new / old model car - about £10K less than the price of a new new CRV or RAV4.

£10K saved what could you do with that?