Strange happenings: connected? - Clanger
Last Friday the wind was gusting 72 mph at the nearest weather station (Leeming) and brought down some nearby low-voltage power lines. Other than having the lights flicker during the evening, our house wasn't affected, but next door lost power. On Saturday the house cordless phones were behaving oddly and needed to be reset by removing and replacing the batteries. My C8 wouldn't lock or unlock itself and I only restored normality after disconnecting the battery for an hour. Since then the engine characteristics have changed and it seems to have had 20bhp added to it. Later on Saturday, Mrs H's C3 central locking wouldn't work either. I unlocked it with the key, she locked and unlocked it a few times on the way to work and it's been fine since. I have scoured the garden for signs of alien craft but found none. I am too boring to be an abductee. What's going on? Weird just doesn't cover it.
Strange happenings: connected? - helicopter
I always knew Yorkshire was the twighlight zone.......
Strange happenings: connected? - R75
Yorkshire? Wear the fox hat.
Strange happenings: connected? - moonshine {P}

Nothing strange about the electrics going funny on a French car :)

Maybe the lines coming down sent out some high power radio waves that may have affected the locking? It's the only thing I can think of other than coindcidence.
Strange happenings: connected? - cheddar
>>Since then the engine characteristics have changed and it seems to have had 20bhp added to it.

Discon the battery for 30 mins plus means that the ecu needs to relearn and can cause it to feel more lively.
Strange happenings: connected? - adverse camber
how far are you from menwith hill? havent they put new kit in just recently?

cue black helicopters....
Strange happenings: connected? - oldnotbold
Bit too close to Fylingdales perhaps?
Strange happenings: connected? - helicopter
My ethnic origin has nothing to do with it........
Strange happenings: connected? - craig-pd130
As Cheddar says, an ECU reset can make things feel sharper, especially if the car's done a lot of miles.

I've done it every 10K miles on my current Passat diesel and my old Volvo T4 petrol and I feel it's worth it.
Strange happenings: connected? - Robin
My house is 3 miles from RAF Leeming so we had the winds last weekend. The 14 foot trampoline in the garden decided to lift off and fly around. My theory is that the little green men had over indulged in the Black Sheep and mistaken the trampoline for the mother ship. Maybe they had been to see you first?
Strange happenings: connected? - cheddar
Black Sheep = Bleep Shack, does it have a microwave transmitter in the public bar, how is the reception in the, er, reception, perhaps they left the landing lights on ;-)

RAF Leeming = Feelin Grim, that explains it!

Strange happenings: connected? - jmaccyd
My C3 central locking does the same sometimes. A friend,a BMW owner, said 'does that not annoy you?' I just shrugged and said 'it's a french car!'
Strange happenings: connected? - bathtub tom
Was that a Gallic shrug? ;>)
Strange happenings: connected? - Armitage Shanks {p}
More likely a garlic shrug
Strange happenings: connected? - jmaccyd
Yes, followed by me patting my head with both hands and noisely sticking my tounge out