1999 2.0 DHi 110 - Aux belt,crank pulley - gollom
Hi,
i was Wondering if anybody had any ideas about my car. I have a 1999 2ltr HDI 110 {someone else who missed the sticky messages & prompt under the subject header to INCLUDE this in the subject header!} .I have had a squeaky noise come rattle from my car for a few weeks.It only happens when the car is started up in the mornings.I belived the noise was coming from the aux belt and rollers as the noise would stop as soon as i sprayed the belt roller with wd40.i have had the belt,tensioner and belt roller replaced but the noise is still there.It was then suggested that it could be the crank pulley as they are a well known problem on this car, ive had that replaced and the noise is still there.Its wierd ! as soon as i spray the belt roller the noise stops.Could it be i have dodgy belt roller, even though its new?
Im not too impressed with the garage who carried out the work,they dont seem interested in sorting it out so i dont want to go back to them and besides i supplied the parts.
Its driving me potty, it is definatly something that is being driven by the aux belt.
Anybody any ideas.
Thanks
jim

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 29/01/2008 at 18:47

Aux belt,crank pulley - Screwloose
jim

How many things have you got on that belt - they can have up to six pulleys and wheels.

The alternator drive pulley - does it have a flat plastic cap on the front of the pulley? It may hide a one-way clutch that's breaking up.
Aux belt,crank pulley - gollom
Hi screwloose,
thanks for your reply, im not 100% sure how many things that belt drives if i get a chance tomorrow i will remove plastic wheel arch thingy and have a good look at whats going on and see if i can trace the noise.
Thanks for your help
1999 2.0 DHi 110 - Aux belt,crank pulley - selfhelper
I had something that sounds like this very recently. I too thought it was the idler roller, but in the end it turned out to be the aux drive belt itself. I changed it and hey presto all was well.

The chap in the spares dept of the local Peugeot agent said that they sometimes go a bit hard after lots of use, and start squeaking as they go round the pulleys.

It was £12 or so well spent - I think the idler assy is about £70!