03 2.0 Zetec Aerial Base removal - BushRaider
Hello all,

New to this forum, so please forgive any transgression of rules etc!

Like a muppet, I "forgot" to unscrew the aerial on my '03 Focus whilst going into a car-warsh. Surprise surprise, the aerial has been snapped off where it joins the base, leaving the threaded "male" part of the base niceley screwed into the aerial itself.

I've had a good trawl through various websites to see how on earth I can remove the old base and replace it with a new one, but so far have drawn a total blank - any useful suggestions greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,

Bush :)

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 28/01/2008 at 18:38

03 2.0 Zetec Aerial Base removal - elekie&a/c doctor
Remove the interior roof lamp and you will see the base fixing nut and aerial lead.Unscrew the nut and release the plastic base.Very easy job.hth
03 2.0 Zetec Aerial Base removal - BushRaider
Thanks - can't believe it's that straight-forward! Had visions of having to remove the roof lining and everything - you just know that it's never going to go back on properly!

03 2.0 Zetec Aerial Base removal - Old Navy
Im not familiar with your specific car, but if the interior light is below the aerial base access may be behind this.
03 2.0 Zetec Aerial Base removal - Dougal126
Hi guys,

Just a thought but I too have been abit of muppet and snapped my aerial backing out of the garage...I drive a 1998 S reg, Ford Feista. Is it the same method as the Bushraider's Focus?

Cheers
03 2.0 Zetec Aerial Base removal - mikej
"Just a thought but I too have been abit of muppet and snapped my aerial backing out of the garage...I drive a 1998 S reg, Ford Feista. Is it the same method as the Bushraider's Focus?"

If the interior light fitting is directly below the aerial base, then I would imagine that's likely.

It's only going to take you 2 minutes to pop the light fitting out to check.