Engine Upgrade 1.4 to 2.0 110 hdi? - wrksysact
The wife has a nice Black Pug 307 hdi 1.4 but its quite underpowered...I want to buy an engine 110 2.0 hdi and drop it in....how easy or difficult would this be...think you can pick up a second hand engine quite easily....would anything else need changing?...and would I have to buy a complete engine?...sorry am not very mechanical!
Engine Upgrade 1.4 to 2.0 110 hdi? - smokescreen
Gearbox, ecu, mutliplex wiring issues, turbo... oh did I mention the complex, delicate common rail fuel system?

Seriously, I wouldnt even consider if even if I understood every single aspect of the car. Labour alone would write it off. Better off selling the 1.4 HDi and getting a 2.0 HDi 110 as a replacement.

Also worth checking out particulate filter thread issues before you consider that (should be below this!).

Remapping the 1.4 HDi would get it close to the 110's output.

Edited by smokescreen on 27/01/2008 at 16:51

Engine Upgrade 1.4 to 2.0 110 hdi? - Screwloose

Very simple to do:-

Find an exactly matching 307 2.0 ltr HDi diesel for sale;

Have the car inspected;

Trade your one in against it:

Drive home.

If you were more mechanical you'd realise the nightmare involved - it would cost three times the difference in just buying one. Everything except the bodyshell would need changing and it would take 500 hours work.
Engine Upgrade 1.4 to 2.0 110 hdi? - wrksysact
Ah! I see OK will forget that idea then!...thanks for your input

"Remapping the 1.4 HDi would get it close to the 110's output" oh really?....sounds interesting can you recommend any good company?
Engine Upgrade 1.4 to 2.0 110 hdi? - smokescreen
Have a look here : www.tdciforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=8

I do remember reading a while back a few end users of the 1.4TDi were getting around 100bhp from a custom remap of this unit.