Anyone got feedback on them? - Harleyman
I'm planning a replacement for my ageing (but still excellent) BMW 525TD, and I rather fancy a Hyundai Coupe.

Has anyone on this forum owned or used one, if so are there any pitfalls to look out for when buying?

I'm looking for the 2000-01 models with the different front end, preferably the 2.0 SE.

TIA
Anyone got feedback on them? - I'm a Pane
What's your back like? Are you more than 5' 10" tall? Do you ever have anyone in the back seats? Can you cope with cheap black plastic and worn out leather? Do you still want at least some comfort and good handling? Do you like an unruly and unpleasant engine noise?
Basically as you can guess my opinion is not very positive! They look fantastic and the 2.0 goes okay but seriously they are just too low, too uncomfortable, too poorly made and just not actually sporty.
I was convinced that one of these was going to be my next car last year, but a 3 day test drive offer convinced me otherwise!
However, if you are a young, fit single midget who just wants to pose in something that looks flash for not much cash then go for it!
Anyone got feedback on them? - stunorthants26
My family has owns an 05 V6 manual.

The back seats are ok for medium journeys and certainly less cramped than other coupes I could mention, the boot is also generous.

Sorry but the handling is quite good and many motoring journos have agreed over the years on that point. Cruise control is very useful also.

If you want a great sounding engine, get the V6 - its far better suited to the car and is very flexible if not ultimately that powerful. Yes the fuel consumption is around the 30 mpg mark in mixed driving but its not that much less than the 2.0 really as neither is that frugal.

They are certainly not uncomfortable and a 6 hour drive was easy and ache free.

Worn out leather? Our car has just tipped 30k and the leather has the odd crease but its certainly not worn out and is no more aged than any other leather seats ive seen at this age. The interior is very well built thankyou very much and everything still works as it did the day it was new.

Any specific questions fire away and will try and answer - my family has actually owned one of these for approaching 3 years now so we have actual experience of what its like to live with one.
Anyone got feedback on them? - gordonbennet
Right ho Harleyman.

My son had one of these, pre facelift though a S reg 2.0 F2.

It wasn't my cup of tea mind, but it went very well, and he couldn't break it and i assure you he thrashed the living daylights out of the thing, it did not go wrong and he regrets bitterly selling it, it was pretty good on fuel as well.

They do have peculiarity though, the front discs are fitted from inside the hub, and the front wheelbearings are massive pressure press fit.

So if looking at one of these, check carefully the front discs, as even with himself and i dismantling the front suspension and taking the front hubs to a good repair shop i know to get the bearings pressed out (they nearly always fall apart requiring 4 new bearings) if i remember it cost the best part of £500 by the time all parts were included.

The car handled very well, would take off at full power with almost no wheelspin (his only way of taking off in those days), and did everything he wanted of it.

He's into imreza's now, and suffice to say i've only been out with him the once!!

If you want any more info now you know about the front hubs, i'm seeing him tomorrow and will find out anything specific for you.
Anyone got feedback on them? - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Not yet. Watch this space though.
I am 6' 1 1/2" and fit OK into a Series III. I can even get in and out of the rear reasonably easy.
Anyone got feedback on them? - jmaccyd
My borther has the V6 version. Seems to like the speed of the thing but generally moans about some build quality issues (sunroof leak problems particulalry) and the usless service he has received from the dealer