Brake Servo - Rover Metro - John Davis
Can anyone advise please? Am I right in assuming that all the current range of diesel engined passenger cars, due to the absence of manifold depression, are fitted with a seperate vacuum pump for servo assistance to the braking system ? Could anyone guide me on the siting of the vacuum pump,on a mid nineties Rover Metro diesel ? Is there a seperate vacuum pump and, is it driven off the timing belt ?
Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks
Brake Servo - jud
I've just looked at a site regarding this to try and help, it does have a separate servo pump that's as much as i can tell you look at www.howstuffworks.com/power-brake2.htm
Brake Servo - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
From memory the Metro uses the Peugeot/Citroen engine from the AX/106. The vac pump is at the right hand end of the engine (viewed from the front), driven directly off the camshaft.
Brake Servo - John Davis
Thanks Andrew & Jud. Most helpful and I was able to advise my relative (over the telephone) on where to look for the vacuum pump to establish that there was servo assistance being generated.
Jud. The website is certainly helpful in explaining complicated systems etc in laymans terms.
Brake Servo - David Lacey
It's a reliable little vacuum pump, too

Unlike some others.......

MG-Rover Questions? Click on www.mg-rover.org