Jane Indy Plus Team Isofix Group 3 Car Seat - charlesb
OK,

Just before I take the plunge. I'm not convinced by the current booster seats with backrests for older children. I've seen this one for £105 including delivery which is an Isofix seat.

The next equivalents (Recaro / Britax / Silverlight) are almost double the price and don't have a good reclining action.

This one has a reclining action that can be used whilst child is in-situ. My son frequently falls asleep in his current Group 2 seat and he is getting too big for it.

I've seen several glowing reviews for this model, but wanted some advice. Their website lists some Citroen models, but Not the C8, although it does have Isofix on some of the seats.
Also for my Touran, which also has Isofix mounting points.

Anyone have any experience of these car-seats?

Thanks in advance.

Charles
Jane Indy Plus Team Isofix Group 3 Car Seat - daveyjp
Looks to be good value, but I wouldn't order one until it was confirmed that i) it had been tested and approved for my car and ii) even if it was approved it did actually fit.

We found a group 1 Isofix seat, the info suggesting it would fit both an Aygo and an A3. On trying it in the A3 it didn't fit.
Jane Indy Plus Team Isofix Group 3 Car Seat - chocka
The Jane Indy Plus Team did not get a good review on the annual Which survey.

Check it out:
tinyurl.com/33lmek

Another Stage 3 seat with an Isofix fitting is the Britax Evolva 23 ISOFIT. This seat does allow recline with the child in the seat. I got one for £98 and I'm very happy with it. No complaints from the occupant either :)

See the seat at the link below:
tinyurl.com/2rca6q

Edited by chocka on 22/01/2008 at 03:51

Jane Indy Plus Team Isofix Group 3 Car Seat - petsco
if you read the Which review carefully you'll see that the Jane got marked down on the ISOFIX, which the following year meant the Britax Evolva came top.

but then the Which reports are often inconsident - the Jane Matrix came down one year, and the following year it was recommended you didn't buy it as it was carp.

At the end of the day the Which reports test to a much higher level than the European guidelines so you must go with what you think is best.

We eventually went with the Evolva - and are very happy with it. But we've also had a matrix and thought that was superb and a lot safer than normal car seats.

pete
Thanks for the advice. I've always found Which to be a little subjective and with electrical goods completely way off base, but the link was useful to have.

I've taken the plunge with the Jane. I'm not too worried, as I have 3 kids to think about and I'm going to need a second one in about 1 years time.

If the Jane is good, I'll report back here. If not, looks like I'll be buying the Evolva next time around!

Thanks again
Charles
Jane Indy Plus Team Isofix Group 3 Car Seat - mikeyb
We have got two of the jane seats. both occupants are happy and claim they are comfortable, however, the ISOFIX is very fiddly to get in - much more so that our Britax ISOFIX seat.

The recline feature is nice, but it is only slight, plus has one major disadvantage..........you have to recline BEFORE the child is in the seat. Bit pointless really as we usually want to recline the seat if the child is falling asleep.
Jane Indy Plus Team Isofix Group 3 Car Seat - steve99
Hi

Just to put a few issues straight.

Which? do not test car seats. They get the test results from the German AA (called ADAC) and this project is called "Eurotest". The testing procedure used by ADAC is similar to that used by EuroNCAP when testing a new model of car, that is to say in a specific car.

The car used in the 2007 Eurotest was a Opel Astra. Not all car seats fit all cars so in effect the car seats that Which? says have good crash test results is true but only in relation to a Astra! In my view the Which? report is very poor.

The Jane Indy Team Plus is the only group 2/3 (15-36kgs) car seat which is height & width adjustable in two areas.

Only the Indy Team Plus can be put in a lie back position with the child still in the seat.

The Britax Evolva 23 Isofit do fit easier into a car but in my opinion is not (overall) so good as the Jane model which was on the market a full 18 months before the Britax version.
Steve

Interesting information. I was always a little suspicious that the Which tests are somewhat limited and subjective.

I went with the Jane Car Seat, and although the Citroen C8 is not listed on Jane's website, it fits fine.

2 months on I have to say, that it is a great car seat. In fact, Looks like I need to buy another one for my other son.

It's a bit of a fiddle to attach it to the ISOFix points in the C8, but it is rock solid once it's on.
Slightly easier in the Touran.

The problem is that the ISOFix points have a sliding rail and the clamp itself. You extend the rails and then present them to the ISOFix points in the car. As you push, the rails retract again!. If you're moving the seat regularly it's a pain, but if not, then it really isn't much to worry about.

You can also easily recline the child, as long as you remember to loosen the seatbelt first. If you don't loosen the seatbelt, you can't recline the seat as the belt stops the base moving (as it should!)

True test: Son likes the Seat ! ! !

~Hope this helps
Charles
Jane Indy Plus Team Isofix Group 3 Car Seat - Maui2512
Hi all

I have just bought this seat and fitted (or should I say wrestled with) it in my Saab 9-5 estate with the Isofix fittings. As you mentioned Charles, the fittings are a complete nightmare...I spent half an hour trying to get them to extend enough so that I could attach them to the isofix fitting properly. I think my car seat will probably be squished beyond recognition once I remove it (not until my daughter is 12 if I have anything to do with it - she is only 3 now!). The neighbours must have been having a good laugh at the contortions I was getting myself into in the process.

I must admit I have not yet managed to recline the seat, but I think this may be because the car head rest is pushing the top of the car seat out too much, and this cannot be removed, so perhaps we won't be able to use this feature after all...any advice from any other users most welcome!

My daughter seems to like it, although she has complained that her neck is a bit sore when she wakes up from sleeping in it, which she never did with her old seat (a Mamas and Papas Pro Tech)

J
Jane Indy Plus Team Isofix Group 3 Car Seat - daveyjp
The fact you can't recline it on your car (headrests in both our cars have been removed to accommodate car seats) and your daughter finds it uncomfortable would both be reasons for me to return it.
Jane Indy Plus Team Isofix Group 3 Car Seat - luciar
We have beenusing the Jane Indy Plus for two years now and absolutley love it & more importantly our daughter loves it.Was well worth the money and will definatley be buying one when our baby is old enough. Friends who have bought booster seats without isofix were very impressed with the reclining function and with the isofix as they have to secure their seats with seatbelt when not in use. Dont hesitate to buy this seat gets 10/10 from us on every aspect.