2000 1.5 - Exhaust Replacement - Car
I think I may need a new exhaust in the near future so have being phoning up a couple of places to find out prices, a few of the places that I have phoned up have said that their book does not cover my car which is a 2000 1.5 model and have therefore only managed to obtain one price of £75 - front pipe £110 middle section £131 rear box

Are the above prices reasonable and have any other 323 owners come across the same problem when soucing a replacement exhaust?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 15/01/2008 at 10:11

2000 1.5 - Exhaust Replacement - HLyon
If you are planning on keeping the car for a while, it might be worth investing in a stainless steel exhaust. It doesn't need to be a big bore, loud exhaust but you'll get a life time warranty with it making it a more cost effective solution longterm.
2000 1.5 - Exhaust Replacement - Rob E
Hi,

These prices are very typical for Japanese cars. I assume it's still the original exhaust? I remember paying a fortune for a new back box on a 1980s Toyota Starlet a few years ago. A Mazda dealer may be quite reasonable - much better than the dreaded Kwik Fit units!

2000 1.5 - Exhaust Replacement - Turtle1966
I always check out onlineautomotive.co.uk for prices. (if you want to fit it yourself?)

Easy to check what you are going to get for your money, with a blown out diagram.

Also, seem to be very cheap too.

As someone already said - Stainless Steel would be the solution if you intend to keep the car for a length of time. I've not yet found a reliable place to seek prices for these, maybe someone has got a recommendation?

2000 1.5 - Exhaust Replacement - Car
Tried an indie exhaust place, he advised that they do not see a lot of the 1998 to 2003 Mazda 323 for exhausts hence the reason why a lot of places do not list the prices.