Car crashed by garage employee, advice please? - eddie c
My car was crashed whilst being returned to me after some diagnostic work by a main dealer.

This is the latest in an ongoing saga which has seen me get overcharged (admitted by them), have the wrong work carried out (not admitted as yet) have a hub cap lost by them, I have also had a 'half price service' voucher sent to me which has not been honoured, I have had 2 courtesy cars delivered much later than promised causing loads of hassle, and now finally my own vehicle has been crashed by a garage employee upon delivery back to me.

Any advice what I could/should do? What might I expect to happen?

Cheers in advance.
Car crashed by garage employee, advice please? - adverse camber
Crashed how? Any charges?

Have you spoken to them or the manufacturer yet?

I would say that you are going to be quids in.

Edited by adverse camber on 11/01/2008 at 18:21

Car crashed by garage employee, advice please? - eddie c
Basically, whilst returning the car to me, the driver ran into the back of one of their own vehicles.

They told me the damage was superficial 'grill bent, number plate broke, and some slight bonnet damage' etc

I haven't yet 'complained' formally as yet, about anything, am just lisiting everything ready to hit the head office with the 'fait accompli' and I am wondering if I should expect compensation of any kind or merely just have the car repaired?
Cheers
Car crashed by garage employee, advice please? - R75
They told me the damage was superficial 'grill bent number plate broke and some slight
bonnet damage' etc

I think I would want to see the car and the "alleged" damage!! What they say is minor may well be far more serious - I would also want an independent inspection of the damage paid for by them.
Car crashed by garage employee, advice please? - Falkirk Bairn
Quick visit to the garage - see the owner/dealer manager and hand him a letter outlining the points below. Get him to sign his agreement to the letter.

1) You hold them 100% responsible.
2) You want the car repaired @ garage of your choice
3) Hire car from now until car is repaired to your satisfaction
4) Compensation for any expenses incurred

If they do co-operate 100% immediately to your reasonable demands. He may well say he will speak to his Ins Co. - fine but your claim is against the garage and the fact he wants his Ins Co involved is up to him.

No Copoeration
Step into the 1st solicitors office and get them to fire off a claim for the above and the solicitor's expenses as well.
Car crashed by garage employee, advice please? - Pugugly {P}
Have you seen it yet ?
Car crashed by garage employee, advice please? - grumpyscot
You should have refused to accept the car when it was returned, and I assume you took lots of photographs of the damage (?????)

I would have called the dealer immediately and demanded their principal attended straight away - and I would have made sure there was a meighbour listening in to the whole conversation.